Complete Loss Of Satellite 119, But Still Have Satellite 110 (Bad LNB?)

Manilow888

Original poster
May 23, 2011
Etters
Hi,
Hope someone can help.
Over the last few months I've been losing satellite 119 channels one by one but I still have all
channels from satellite 110. Now the receiver has totally loss the signal from satellite 119.
All satellite 110 channels are still perfect. I cut many trees down and nothing has helped.
I was wondering if it could be the LNB. Is it possible for the LNB to go bad and still get satellite 110?
I've tried to check the dish settings as best I can but the tech who installed it has all the number settings
facing backwards and they're hard to see. I don't have complete 'comfortable' access to the dish;
(my ladder is too short), so all I can do is get relatively close to do quick checks and adjustments.
Here are my settings if it helps.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Azimuth: 240°
Elevation: 29.6°
Skew: 126°
Latitude: 40.1517°, Longitude: -76.7750°
Thanks!
Maniloww888
Email: Manlow888@cs.com

likley causes

Couuld be a bad LNB But being spring.. did a tree shoot up or out in your los path? Did something move the dish? I asume you have a dish pro?

Hi,
Hope someone can help.
Over the last few months I've been losing satellite 119 channels one by one but I still have all
channels from satellite 110. Now the receiver has totally loss the signal from satellite 119.
All satellite 110 channels are still perfect. I cut many trees down and nothing has helped.
I was wondering if it could be the LNB. Is it possible for the LNB to go bad and still get satellite 110?
I've tried to check the dish settings as best I can but the tech who installed it has all the number settings
facing backwards and they're hard to see. I don't have complete 'comfortable' access to the dish;
(my ladder is too short), so all I can do is get relatively close to do quick checks and adjustments.
Here are my settings if it helps.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Azimuth: 240°
Elevation: 29.6°
Skew: 126°
Latitude: 40.1517°, Longitude: -76.7750°
Thanks!
Maniloww888
Email: Manlow888@cs.com

I would suggest contacting one of the dirt members here to get that dish checked.If you have the protection plan it is $15 for installer to come out.

MattG,TonyT,MaryB,or RayC should be able to get you taken care of.

Manilow888,

It sounds like something has gone bad between your dish and receiver. You can still get signal on the 110 if one eye on the LNB has gone bad. It could also be a connector. You can check on your receiver about the signal. Press the Menu button on your remote to display the Main Menu on your TV. Press 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), and 3 (System Info). In box G on the System Info One screen, you will see your satellites listed. Under each satellite you have a box either Green and Red. See if you get a Red box under the 119 satellite.

You can also run a Check Switch Test by selecting Done on the System Info One screen, which will bring you back to the Installation Menu. Press 1 (for Point Dish) on your remote. On the right of the screen, select Check Switch. On the Installation Summary screen make a note of your satellite numbers, the color of the box under the satellite, and the type switch you have (if any)- the last box on the screen. Select the Test button on the bottom of the screen (make sure SuperDISH and Alternate are NOT checked). If you have a duo receiver, you may get a message asking about TV 2 being in use. Select Yes about TV 2. The receiver will now run the check swithc test.

After the test is completed, the Installation Summary screen will reappear. Make a note if you get an warning message stating "The check switch test has found fewer satellites than previously detected." DO NOT save the results. If you don't get this message, check to see if anything has changed on the Installation Summary screen. If not, exit out of every screen till you are back to your TV screen with the "Acquiring Satellite Signal". If you get the warning message or still don't get your channels on the 119 satellite, PM your account to us and we will setup a technician visit for you. Thanks.

61.5 Signal Loss

How to stop Dish Network from putting automatic timers...