Commercial Account - Defective Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I have a defective H24-700 at work. I just want to get it swapped out, the way Dish does for their receivers. But, D* CSR's tell me that because it's a commercial account, I need to contact the local dealer that did the installation over 15 years ago! WTH???

Why can't they just send me a replacement with a return label for the bad one?

Does DirecTV have anything like Dish's DIRT team, for when phone CSR's are useless? (Although, DIRT can't help commercial accounts.) I'm hoping somebody at D* can take care of this.

Reactions: Broe67
No internet response from DirecTV. Commercial accounts are unique for sure, with the equipment being owned it sounds like they are basically saying it's not their problem.

If you can't get a CSR to help, and don't have a local dealer for the commercial account, you may be best just to buy a new H24/H25 receiver and activate it.
New ones from companies like Solid Signal are around $100, or used ones (from other commercial accounts and thus owned) are around $60 on eBay/amazon.

I purchased a H24 for $50 this summer that came off a commercial account (for my personal account which worked fine, just had to wait for a new card to be shipped).

All of my current receivers were purchased from SS.:)
But, as it's a DirecTV-branded device, they should stand behind it the way Dish stands behind their Dish-branded devices that we also own. (We have commercial accounts with both.)

Don't know what to tell you then... I do commercial service calls all the time. I'd say just call in and lie tell them the box says 771. But you don't wanna wait for us so idk what else to say.

I sent them an email, and got a promising reply, as if they're escalating it. It includes a number to call that doesn't seem to be a regular support number for either commercial or residential. Fingers crossed.

When was the unit installed?

If it was within 12 months it's in warranty. After 12, then you need to buy a new one.

I'm sure they sent an email to the dealer of record, as we get emails everytime one of our commercial customers have problems putting batteries in their remote.

First question is your box in warranty?

If you got the dealer number assigned to the account, just call in as the dealer.

BTW, the dealer can only replace the box in the first 12 months. Anything else call Directv and complain till they send you a free one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Just ordered service--can I provide my own Genie minis?

Downton Abbey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)