Cinema Directly gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was going to rant about how I lost 12 episodes of Dexter HD that took me almost a week to download when my HR24 locked up and I had to reset - but then I decided to bite my tongue (and I assumed the thread would be removed.)

Anyway. Now I know that it isn't safe to download large quantities of OnDemand programming with my slow internet connection being they can so easily be lost.

Don't ALL On Demand programming have a shelf life of about a week when recorded ?

Actually, the expiration date for half of them was 4/26 and the other half 5/3 (so more like a month of self life.) I was trying to get them all so that I could do a marathon this weekend and when I finally went to play the first episode, the DVR froze.

Actually, the expiration date for half of them was 4/26 and the other half 5/3 (so more like a month of self life.) I was trying to get them all so that I could do a marathon this weekend and when I finally went to play the first episode, the DVR froze.

Gotcha, I knew the expired , wasn't sure how long.
Unfortunately, your recvr gave you issues that cost you your recordings.
Can you not watch them almost live with another recvr ?

Gotcha, I knew the expired , wasn't sure how long.
Unfortunately, your recvr gave you issues that cost you your recordings.
Can you not watch them almost live with another recvr ?

I'm downloading one at a time and then watching (just finished the first one.) At least that way if there is an unexpected hiccup, it's not as big a deal (being now I know what happens to VOD recordings with a reset.)

That was the first freeze that I have had yet with the HR24, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.

I was going to rant about how I lost 12 episodes of Dexter HD that took me almost a week to download when my HR24 locked up and I had to reset - but then I decided to bite my tongue (and I assumed the thread would be removed.)

Anyway. Now I know that it isn't safe to download large quantities of OnDemand programming with my slow internet connection being they can so easily be lost.

Did you think that if you did not bite your tongue we would censor you in some way. As that is not what this place is all about. I have been very firm that while I dont like all the abuse I sometimes takes it was important that Scott and the Moderation staff never censor any legal account holder. Only thing I have requested is that discussions of services being had in canada be removed. But if you have a complaint good or bad I want to hear it even it is just to call me a douche.

What I meant was, if I cleared out my statement, I assumed the thread would be removed being there was nothing there. I don't have censorship concerns here.

What I meant was, if I cleared out my statement, I assumed the thread would be removed being there was nothing there. I don't have censorship concerns here.

Oh ok just wanted to make sure as I want people to bitch at the company, that is how we know whats going on. I dont know how the rest of the company feels about that is a big sticking point for me here that we limit the censorship at all possible unless someone is posting the same thing over and over again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weather Alert?

Using a 1920x1080 LED computer monitor for directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)