CHSN Chicago coming October 1

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
Per some recent reports online this morning. A new RSN labeled Chicago Sports Network has apparently inked a multiyear contract with DIRECTV. The new RSN is said to be broadcasting a variety of pro sports events / games from the following teams. The Bulls, Blackhawks and White Sox. It is also being reported that the new RSN channel will apparently be available and limited to a "five state footprint". Those five states were not disclosed in the reports that I have seen, so far. The new RSN is scheduled to go live on October 1, per the reports. It was also stated that this new RSN will be available on channel 665 for satellite customers, and channels 741 (SD) - 1741 (HD) for the stream and U-verse customers.

Reactions: dtv757
This channel is said to also be available for free via OTA (Over The Air Antenna), to viewers in the Chicago area.

Those five states were not disclosed in the reports that I have seen, so far
They say the states on their website along with the OTA channels for Chicago:
For satellite users, Chicago Sports Network will be distributed on DIRECTV across a five-state footprint, including most of Illinois, Iowa and parts of Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. CHSN will be broadcast on channel 665 via DIRECTV Satellite and DIRECTV satellite free services. The channel will be available to anyone subscribing to DIRECTV’s Choice or above packages.

In Chicago: 62.2 and 62.3, which will convert to HD and full time CHSN content beginning Oct. 1. Additional markets will be announced this week and in the days thereafter leading up to launch.

Reactions: dtv757 and steve615
I wonder if it will be like what Marquee was in the beginning meaning even if you have Sports Pack, you still need to be within the 5 state footprint to access channel 655 outside of professional games (unless you also have a specific league package out of market)

Reactions: dtv757

Fox Weather coming to DTV stream