checking out Hulu. Comments?

MartyDe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
CT
Now that UCONN Women's Basketball is over I am looking at streaming services. I want them to carry SNY, a local NY sports network. SNY carries some UCONN women's games. I see that Hulu has SNY for my CT zip code as well as the locals. I would stream via my existing Amazon firestick. Cox TV would be dropped. Hulu also has the rest of the sports channels UCONN sometime appears on. My wife is the big fan, so SNY is required.

My question is how is Hulu's quality? Any hidden traps I could fall into?

Just cancelled Hulu. Reason- I watched all the stuff that was of interest. Just not worth the price of $20.41 per month they were charging me.
I just resubscribed to Disney+ for $13.99 a month to catch up on latest StarWars and a couple other movies. I'll cancel that when I've seen all I care to see.

Just cancelled Hulu. Reason- I watched all the stuff that was of interest. Just not worth the price of $20.41 per month they were charging me.
I just resubscribed to Disney+ for $13.99 a month to catch up on latest StarWars and a couple other movies. I'll cancel that when I've seen all I care to see.
You do know they offer a bundle discount, Hulu and Disney+, commercial free, $19.99 a month.

Now that UCONN Women's Basketball is over I am looking at streaming services. I want them to carry SNY, a local NY sports network. SNY carries some UCONN women's games. I see that Hulu has SNY for my CT zip code as well as the locals. I would stream via my existing Amazon firestick. Cox TV would be dropped. Hulu also has the rest of the sports channels UCONN sometime appears on. My wife is the big fan, so SNY is required.

My question is how is Hulu's quality? Any hidden traps I could fall into?
are you talking about Hulu LiveTV? Perhaps adjust your post to make it clearer (a couple people have talked about the Disney Bundle which probably doesn't apply). My suggestion though, if you're ONLY concerned about SNY would be to wait until the fall. No point in paying for services now you won't need (since you can go month to month).

are you talking about Hulu LiveTV? Perhaps adjust your post to make it clearer (a couple people have talked about the Disney Bundle which probably doesn't apply). My suggestion though, if you're ONLY concerned about SNY would be to wait until the fall. No point in paying for services now you won't need (since you can go month to month).
Sorry for the confusion. Yes I am talking about Hulu live TV. Looking to replace Cox cable. There are various ways I can go. Keep Cox internet and phone with Hulu providing TV. I just started looking at fiber. I have Frontier and Go Netspeed available. I knew Cox was getting rid of their email service so I waited. They turned it over to Yahoo. My notice came two days ago so I am now on Yahoo for email. I waited because the switch to Yahoo allowed me to keep my very old email address. So basically I can go anywhere without the drag of changing email.
Leaning towards Frontier with a $25 per month for 500 Mbps internet for first year. Still sorting it out.
Anyone on Hulu Live TV with comments to add?

Comcast fees for Frisco area

Youtube TV sub losses