Cheapest Equip source?

branch46

Original poster
May 9, 2010
Va
I'm looking to buy a simple small reciever and a single Lnb 18" Dish (I have the tri-pod stand) for use on my camper. Who has the best price and reputation?

Thanks...........Branch

EBay auctions would probably be cheapest method. What system are you looking for DISH or Directv? Is this a new account or added to existing account? Will the providers Terms of Service affect your plans, 2 year contract?

Thanks ya'll this will be a new account and Dish is my choice. The problem I've had with Ebay was Smart cards missing, accounts owing money and stuff that don't work when you get it. And last but not least the last receiver couldn't be activated because Dish said the s?n and model were not on their legit list. So I thought I'd get a package that I could count on from a reputable source.

Thanks ya'll this will be a new account and Dish is my choice. The problem I've had with Ebay was Smart cards missing, accounts owing money and stuff that don't work when you get it. And last but not least the last receiver couldn't be activated because Dish said the s?n and model were not on their legit list. So I thought I'd get a package that I could count on from a reputable source.
With any Used receiver you must buy a New Access card. $20 for D*, $60 for Dish

not if it clean and purple with Dish....they can reuse the cards

If the OP is going brand new, why not go through the dishstore?

Branch46 if you know what you are buying and how to buy eBay can be a good source but in your case dishstore might be a better source for your needs.
From Claude a DISH 111 receiver if he still has them combined with a DP 500 dish should get you started as a DISH subscriber.

I'm looking to buy a simple small reciever and a single Lnb 18" Dish (I have the tri-pod stand) for use on my camper.

You DO realize that type of dish is normally used with DirecTV - normally, most folks use the DISH 500 20" dish with either dual LNB's or a twin LNB.

Are you sure you know which dish you really need??? :confused:

Yup! The 300 is just fine if you are looking for just one satellite.

Yea, I realize all that - but what if the OP was wanting channels that do NOT happen to be on that ONE bird???
Since he IS a newbie here, maybe he might NOT realize how many channels are scattered across 110 & 119... :wave

Dish for 'out of market' questions..

Hawaii HD Premiums - room for missing 16

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)