Channel up/down control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
Can someone explain to me why on just about every stb made, that when you bring up the channel list while watching tv, the channel up and down arrows work normally, but when you exit the channel list, the up and down arrows work the opposite direction? I never understood why this is.

It is weird, and if your receiver is one that doesn't keep a separate list for each satellite, annoying. Channel up or down, and you might just find your dish moving all over the place while it tries to follow the "master" channel list.

I actually like my receivers to do that, and I'm glad that my Dish receiver gives me the option. When you're watching TV, pushing UP should increase the channel number, obviously. But when you're looking at a list, pushing UP should move the cursor upward on the screen, like it does in every other menu. What's non-intuitive about that? The other way would drive me nuts.

I actually like my receivers to do that, and I'm glad that my Dish receiver gives me the option. When you're watching TV, pushing UP should increase the channel number, obviously. But when you're looking at a list, pushing UP should move the cursor upward on the screen, like it does in every other menu. What's non-intuitive about that? The other way would drive me nuts.

I, more than a few times after bringing up the channel list and scrolling through it, and select a channel have gone the wrong way when changing back.....this seems counter intuitive to me. I was just wondering if someone besides me does the same thing. It's something I've had to train myself to do....that is to hit the opposite arrow when watching tv.

It is weird, and if your receiver is one that doesn't keep a separate list for each satellite, annoying. Channel up or down, and you might just find your dish moving all over the place while it tries to follow the "master" channel list.

Yeah....I learned early on to keep my channels listed by the sat they're on. Sometimes after a scan, it will automatically revert to the " all sats" channel list and I won't realize it until I switch to a channel that's not on that sat, and I see the "dish moving" alert.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satellite or Microwave?

How do i use this miserable first strike meter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)