Channel 'crashes' using old Model 811 receiver

tidalwave

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I have two Dish receivers...a new DishHD211 with a new triple LNB dish and an older Dish 811 model using an older double LNB model 500 dish.

I use the older model in my RV with the dish on a tripod.

Dish Network 'upgraded' many of the HD channels to SAT 129.

Before this, when I used the older model receiver and clicked on an HD channel...the receiver would automatically switch from Sat 110 to Sat 119.

Now with Sat 129 providing many of the HD channels...the older receiver first
tries to use the older channel on Sat 110 or Sat 119 then tries to switch automatically to Sat 129.

Because I have a double LNB dish...the receiver tries to 'see' Sat 129 then goes
into error. When I do a 'setup' the receiver states that it 'sees' (or at least lists) Sat 129...expressed as a 'green' checked box.

Is there any way to inhibit the Dish receiver software from looking for Sat 129?

Or should I junk the Double LNB and see if I can replace it with a triple?

Well, it may be easier to run a check switch while switching the receiver between your home and RV (which I think you might be doing?) so it will "forget" about 129, and only "see" 110+119, since that is all that is hooked up.

So in turn, it will only show 110+119, and not show 129 at all, as when you run the Check Switch, it will only tell the receiver the satellites it is currently getting a signal from, not ones that it can not.

OTA local subchannel-numbers are suddenly incorrect

Fox Sports OK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)