Changing Scanning Frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Riorobert

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Ok, here the question, I looked all over to see if it was posted and I couldn’t find it. If you know where it’s posted please provide a link. All many of us newbie’s have experienced, taking off and putting on the dish is just part of the Newbie FTA life. So in doing this I found something that was interesting. When I first put my dish on I was getting THE TUBE at 11720 around 80%. Well I had to take it off and install the motor HH90. So when I got it back together I found that my scanning of the bird was not the same. The frequency was higher. Therefore I no longer got THE TUBE. So what makes this different? Is it a setting on my VIEWSAT Extreme; is it the motor that causes this? What about the 22K setting on the viewsat? I have the quad Invacom LNB as well.

How can I lower/reduce my frequency so I can get channels on the lower frequencies??

I don’t understand what you are asking, but make sure you’re set up right on the menu

The Invacom quad is a standard LNB, so the LO frequency needs to be 10750 and the 22K should be off.

You should be able to get 11720 with no issues. The way it works is the receiver takes the IF frequency (starts at 950 and goes to 2150) and add that to the LO frequency (10750 in this case)
11700 is what the scan starts at :D

Riorobert said:
Ok, here the question, I looked all over to see if it was posted and I couldn’t find it. If you know where it’s posted please provide a link. All many of us newbie’s have experienced, taking off and putting on the dish is just part of the Newbie FTA life. So in doing this I found something that was interesting. When I first put my dish on I was getting THE TUBE at 11720 around 80%. Well I had to take it off and install the motor HH90. So when I got it back together I found that my scanning of the bird was not the same. The frequency was higher. Therefore I no longer got THE TUBE. So what makes this different? Is it a setting on my VIEWSAT Extreme; is it the motor that causes this? What about the 22K setting on the viewsat? I have the quad Invacom LNB as well.

How can I lower/reduce my frequency so I can get channels on the lower frequencies??

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Excuse me if my reaction borders on H;) ly Sh;) t! If you can verify a few things for me, I have a ( hopefully short term ) solution for you. Set your LNB freq to 9750 ( assuming you have a universal LNB ) or manually enter ( with the remotes keypad ) a LNB freq of 9900 if its a standard. You should be able to get your G10R stuff at the right freq with one of those. Feel free to fiddle with it. Whne pointed at G10R, in the antenna menu, your S&Q bars should go green and you should get a lock somewhere around there.

Now the favour. Kindly verify for us here, that when you put the STAB unit inline, that the freq anomaly happens. That means without the STAB you use 10750 and everything works fine.

You may have diagnosed a mutual problem with ViewSats and STAB motors. :D :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

getting new reciver

Anybody seen the sats????!!!?!?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)