Changing and Upgrading Setup Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliejds

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
alexandria, virginia
Hey everyone,

I currently have a 4 room HD DVR setup (2-HR24s, HR21 and HR20) with whole home DVR. I also currently have a SWM 8 setup. I have the protection plan and was thinking about calling and upgrading the HR20 since it is starting to sound funny and is in our bedroom. In addition, I need to add a HD receiver for an additional television we just purchased. I was thinking it was best to just replace the HR20, get a HD receiver, and change to a SWM16 setup. What does everyone think?

If I get a Genie as a replacement, does that mean that I can't have access to the other DVR's through the Genie and any TV's connected to the Genie. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

If you get a Genie to replace your HR20 the only difference is you will add 3 more turners. All receivers will see and will have access to all other unites to view there programs and you will need the SWM16 to handle all the turners.

:welcome to Satelliteguys goaliejds!

In case you don't know, the swm16 requires four lines from the dish to the switch. If you upgrade as you describe, Directv will provide all of the necessary hardware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I need help setting up a tracker light meter with satellite settings

DTV Dual Tuner setup question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)