Change of Plans?

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Getting ready to switch from Adelphia cable to DishNet, most likely right after Christmas. Still trying to understand everything before I head over to my local dealer.

Planning to get two 322 receivers with TV2 outputs fed back into my home's distribution system. My local channel situation dictates that I have access to 110, 119 and 61.5 satellites. So far so good.

Up until yesterday, I believed I would need 3 cables from the dishes in to a DP34 switch and two cables from the switch to each 322 (total of 4). Then I stumbled
onto discussions and information about DishPro+ (DPP). :)

If I understand correctly, I should be able to connect the 61.5 dish's LNB into the "expansion" port of a DPP Twin LNB on the 110/119 dish. Then take a single cable from the DPP Twin LNB to each 322 (total of 2) and use a separator at the receiver to provide the two connections.

The only thing I'm not clear about is if the DPP Twin LNB is available now or is still vapor? And of course there may be other errors in my logic.

What do you all think.

Mark

DPP Twin LNB with expension port will not be available until 2005. Given the tracking record of Dish, I won't hold my breath until later 2005. In order for you to feed only one cable to 322, you will need DPP44 switcher, not DP34. Becasue the DPP seperator will only work with DPP44.

So, you will have three feed from LNBs to DPP44, then two feeds from DPP44 to 322s with DPP seperoators.

Too bad

I understand about dpp44 vs dp34 switches. Thanks.

Too bad about the DPP Twin LNB availability. It would end up saving the installation of a dpp44 in my situation. Oh, well.

Am I correct that the dpp44 is currently available?

The issue now becomes how much extra, if any, the dealer would want to install a dpp44 over a dp34 just to save me a couple of cable runs (I'm planning to run the cable myself but let the installer terminate them).

Mark

DPP44 is widely available. As long as you made the request clear during the order process (itself could be the challenge with Dish CSR :) You should be able to have installer put the DPP44.

Superdish 105 Question

921 Pre Installation question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)