Can't set CW shows OTA

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Since I get my national nets from 2 locations. One is local OTA the other from DFW something strange is going on. I can't set shows to DVR on my local CW. I have to set them to come form my moved location in DFW. What's really strange is I can set the timer and it will show up. Then over night the timer will be deleted. The timer still shows up but there will be nothing for events anymore. This is only for OTA CW shows. All the other big 4 are fine. If I set a Fox show for local over the air it stays fine. Same w/the other 3, it's just the CW that doesn't work. So now if I have to have 4 timers set at the same time it will be CW from sat and either Fox or ABC OTA.

Not clear on your setup. Which DVR do you have (sounds like 722k if you have 4 tuners)? If you have only one local OTA station, then why have 2 OTA connections?

i have a 922 with OTA and my CW has been doing the same thing as soon as it's off over night OTA CW timers have no recordings showing up but if i set it that day like last night i did for Nikkita it was fine but if i set it the day before or for new or all episodes it has no recordings showing up but the timer is still in the timer list. this only happens to me when left over night. All over channels OTA and SAT timers are fine just the CW it's Odd even the Sat CW does it.

Our CW was on a local Fox sub in SD until a few weeks ago - no problem recording on it OTA and Dish didn't have it as a local. It's now on it's own feed in HD but no guide info for it yet. I used a manual setting for weekly for Nikita and it recorded with no problem on my 722 OTA connection.

i have a 922 with OTA and my CW has been doing the same thing as soon as it's off over night OTA CW timers have no recordings showing up but if i set it that day like last night i did for Nikkita it was fine but if i set it the day before or for new or all episodes it has no recordings showing up but the timer is still in the timer list. this only happens to me when left over night. All over channels OTA and SAT timers are fine just the CW it's Odd even the Sat CW does it.

Sat seems to be holding just fine just the OTA is disappearing. Just scanned thru the guide for a week and sat timers are all there. The guide for OTA shows all the shows correctly just the timer will go away over night.

I have a 622 and this happens to me as well. I was told in the past it was because my locals are on 2 different satellites. Here in Austin they are on 61.5 and 129. I have to set the timer up as a weekly timer.
If this information has changed or has been corrected then please let me know.

I have a 622 and this happens to me as well. I was told in the past it was because my locals are on 2 different satellites. Here in Austin they are on 61.5 and 129. I have to set the timer up as a weekly timer.
If this information has changed or has been corrected then please let me know.

Not see dueling sats like that but for experiment will set one on a prgm to see if it sticks. The sat version does fine just OTA is my problem.

Have you tried setting a timer the day before and letting it just run to see if it is really blank or the display is jusy wrong?

Mt ota disappears after 5 minutes. Not sure why?

Good scan, 60+ ch listed still in guide, no signal msg, signal strong as ever to tv.

Anyone elses commercials going crazy?

625 External Hard drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts