cant find food network star ondemand

We may not have it available. If browsing by networks, and the search doesn't bring it up, I'm guessing we don't have it (unfortunately our test receiver is connected to a bad router right now so I can't check).

According to Dish's site (http://www.dishnetwork.com/vod/default.aspx), Food Network and the following network are available on demand:

• A&E
  • AMC
  • BET
  • BITV
  • BRAVO
  • CMT
  • COMDY
  • E!
  • G4
  • HDNET
  • HGTV
  • HIST
  • LIFE
  • LOGO
  • MTV
  • MTV2
  • NICK
  • NKJR
  • Ovation
  • STYLE
  • SYFY
  • SPMAN
  • TWC
  • TNICK
  • TRV
  • USA
  • VERSUS
  • VH1
  • VH1CL
  • WFN
  • WETV
However, I am not sure if the site information is up-to-date.

Isn't this also in response to ass ... oh excuse me "DISH" pushing a manual timer down to people .... they pushed one FOUR TIMES to me yesterday/lastnight/this morning.

I deleted the timer 3 times.. I was in the middle of watching Dr Oz early this am via Dish Remote Access.. (ie TV2) something near and dear to me (it was on 10 numbers for a healthy heart) and what happens? this crap announcement starts playing and recording to my dvr..

Its something I want to opt out of.. or at the very least, when I deleted the first one.. it shouldn't have come back THREE MORE TIMES..

But yeah.. they advertized this thing as On Demand.. I presumed they meant Dish Online .. since they are still stupidly pushing it.. and people with Sling Adapters can't use it.. (pushing play on a dvr event starts it playing on TV1 and sometimes will also play it in the web interface)

Leave the push item alone for a day or so and then delete it. That way, you'll likely only have to do it once. Fortunately, Dish doesn't push these out too often.

The Dish Food Network infomercial specifically says see Food Network Star On-Demand. When I go to Food Network On Demand it ain't there, and they said it would there the following day from it's initial showing.

I'm refering to the offer on dish.com/food how can I watch it if Its not listed
I'm pretty sure the pushed DVR event/timer from dish mentioned food network star, and also mentioned dishonline in the description ... though it may have meant that the pushed video would have been about several things.. one being the promo for food network star ... the other about additional options from dishonline.

Now thats out of the way... if you re-read the info at dish../food you see this blurb...
Get Food Network Magazine FREE for 6 months!

Connect your HD DVR* to broadband, watch Food Network Star on demand
and get 6 months of Food Network Magazine for free!
Watch any of these episodes of Food Network Star to be eligible:
June 6th - Lights, Camera, Cook
June 13th - In the Line of Fire
June 20th - Dueling Desserts
June 27th - Cougar Town and Paula Deen
and then when you search for it at DishOnline .. it wants to set up a recording timer..
http://www.dishonline.com/shows/35040
Today Jun 8
The Next Food Network Star
Lights, Camera, Cook Series/Special

Sunday Jun 12
The Next Food Network Star
In the Line of Fire Series/Special.
And the first (new) show was supposedly Jun 6th ... so you can't watch on June 6th if that's when it aired.. but accoding to the show search .... the next airing is today, the 8th at pm on Food.

Since todays' episode name matches the supposed dish episdoe for the 6th... it seems its not played yet... so it shouldn't be in on demand yet.. there is the food network in the list of networks, and it has a 2011 episode that's 2 hours long (probably don't want to watch as its probably old...)

You could wait till tomorrow after 9am eastern.. and then check VOD again... see if it finally puts up the first episode that plays tonight in there.. if it does... then that's probably the answer.. they mixed up the dates or mixed up using it to announce VOD and should have waited a couple of weeks...

Either way Good Luck !!

It's there, found it no problem. "Food Star 701" Dishonline, from my receiver.

Summation.. the new season hadn't started yet.. (tonight Wednesday Jun 8th is maybe the first replay)

And that you can't really VOD what hasn't played, errr "released", yet *and* I think the dates are wrong in some places, given the *name* of the episode found when searching dishonline, to set up a timer to record it, was the same as what was listed for the 6th, though the 8th could be a replay.
Still not able to find

But also that the season finale(?) or what ever it is, is there under FOOD the 701... as Tampa saw ...
It's there, found it no problem. "Food Star 701" Dishonline, from my receiver.
So in theory .. any time after 9pm tonight ... maybe by later tomorrow (thursday) you would hope that these shows show up.. and that its just someone at Dish trying to get the word out early ... also note that from Food Networks' website.. it seems new episodes are supposed to be on Sunday's at 9pm.. that the next supposed episode is the 12th live .. but for VOD it lists the 13th ... a day later .... A "VOD" delay to make it available??

TG2 - are you an private investigator? If not you should be....... lol :)
<darn ... where's that devil "smilie" when you need it>
Awww .. thanks! .... I do like to try to research as much as possible before puting foot to mouth O:) I've gotten a couple things wrong in the past and hate that I miss the little things some times..

Side Notes:
You know ... :coffee sippin' the java.. I'm sitting here thinking.. it would be very funny .. in a cruel sort of way ... that dish doesn't get the new episode in VOD, or if it does.. it gets too much connectivity to handle.. and it takes 5 hours to DL the show? :)

for many VOD doesn't work (at least not "very well") unless its come from the satellite and is stored on that "non-user" half of the hard drive.. So it then begs to question if Dish will cheat and put the videos there, so that it gives the impression of being lightningly fast..

Last edited:

Remote Control Working OK, or Not?

Dishnet's Zap2it program problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)