CAN'T FIND A FIX FOR MY 722K 21.0 IR UHF PRO REMOTE CONTRAL

bumblebee8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
My remotes for my 722k are not working right. It will jump from one function to another, at times it will not even change channels. I talked to Dish and they sent me a new 21.0. I am not to smart when it comes to programming remotes but my son is, he worked with the new remote for about 4 hours yesterday and he finally gave up, so I have 2 remotes that work sometime and a brand new one that my son gave up on. I read somewhere last night where these remotes were be ing
discontinued, does anyone else know about this and what they are replacing it with, I need to get something reliable to work. I can buy another 21.0 but I'm not sure I would better myself, opinions please!!!

The 21.0 Remote works great for me. No, I have not heard anything about them being discontinued.

You need to read the directions and follow them exactly as printed. You also may have interference from your TV if it is an LCD, or from other things.

The biggest first step it go to the System Info screen, make sure the bottom of the remote shows the blue number "2", if not it need to be pulled out and turned over.

While in the System Info screen push the record button on the remote. It should then say on the sreen IR/UHF Pro Band B, the remote address will be what ever the remote is set to.

At this point it should work. Be sure your UHF antenna is screwed onto the back of the receiver.

The 21.0 is not being replaced with a new model (only the 922 uses 32.0 remotes). I also use a 21.0 at home, with no problems.

In addition to Tampa's recommendations, make sure the switch inside the battery cover is switched to the "UHF" side. Also, if the remote is for TV1, use the green #1 tab in the bottom of the remote (#1 facing out), if it's for TV2, have the #2 side facing out.

I would also try changing the remote address to another number, which the instructions can be found in the booklet it came with.

To change remote address:

Press system info on front of receiver
On remote, hold SAT until all mode lights are lit
when SAT is flashing, press any number 1-15 on the keypad
Press #
Press record three times.
The remote address in the white box on your screen should change to whatever number you keyed in.

What does "jump from one function to another" mean?

What specifically are your problems? The 21.0 remotes are absolutely great (better than any other remote that I've ever seen as far as remotes that come with a provider settop box). They are very versatile and should be able to do pretty much anything you want. Explain a little more about your issue and we should be able to get you up and running.

I'll mention something , My LCD is LED back lit, but at times My remote won't work. The problem is a full spectrum lamp beside my recliner, when first turned on it stops remote functions, I hold my hand in front of it and remote then works. After it has fully warmed up, all is well.
Dan

I use UHF and the lamp still messes with remote.
Those lamps spew IR (NOT a good thing) and the DISH receivers can't disable IR. Putting electrical tape over the IR receiver window should put an end to the problem with the over-achieving lamps.

The lamp manufacturers need to use some sort of IR filter on their products.

If you want to continue using IR, there are a few other remedies as well. Masking (painter's) tape on the IR window is a good filter. And be aware that IR behaves pretty much like visible light, so locate your receiver so less light from your TV or lamp reaches it. Simply pushing it further back into the shade can help quite a bit.

Thanks MattG, I will try all your information tomorrow and see if I can get remote going, appreciate all the responses from everyone.

Bumblebee8

If you still have the same problem, you'll need to go into more detail with what the problem actually is (hopefully it works).

Let us know what the result is, good or bad.

Difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 WA

Dish network billing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)