Can't delete VOD movies on my Dish Network Hopper 3

WickedStepMom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2019
Missouri
I downloaded some MGM movies on Dish Network from VOD and saved in the DEMAND folder on my Hopper 3 when they were free. Now I can't play them or delete them. How do I get rid of them?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Today I did a CHAT with Dish and was told this: "Let me advise that this cannot be delete due to feature of on demand. In this case there's an average of 30 days before it deletes." I'm not sure when it was when I downloaded these movies but will wait several weeks and try again (and again, and again).

Today I did a CHAT with Dish and was told this: "Let me advise that this cannot be delete due to feature of on demand. In this case there's an average of 30 days before it deletes." I'm not sure when it was when I downloaded these movies but will wait several weeks and try again (and again, and again).
When you click on them, what happens?

When you click on them, what happens?
Nothing happens when I try to play either of these movies and when I try to delete either with the RECALL button (since neither has an actual play or PLAY or DELETE option), see the picture for what I get.

Attachments

• 20240706_154037.jpg
    20240706_154037.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 58
Nothing happens when I try to play either of these movies and when I try to delete either with the RECALL button (since neither has an actual play or PLAY or DELETE option), see the picture for what I get.
WOW, they are really stuck. I never had this happen before. I would try another pull the AC cord again. Leave unplugged for several minutes.

Reactions: WickedStepMom
I've had this problem before sporadically. What I did was to do a back door delete. Start the program (hopefully you can) while it plays his STOP. It will come up with the standard dialog of what you want to do. From that dialog, hit delete and it's worked for me.

Not sure of any expired ones, as I don't have any yet.

The same (sort of) back-door works for a program that will not start to play. If it won't play from the Tiles menu, call it up and then press play (not scroll to play, but just press it). It will then start to play. Wife runs across that one all the time in her kitchen, Joey.

So the moral of the story is if something doesn't work, try two other ways to do the same thing. One of them will work. Code and code flow paths are different for each way of playing or deleting a program.

I've had this problem before sporadically. What I did was to do a back door delete. Start the program (hopefully you can) while it plays his STOP. It will come up with the standard dialog of what you want to do. From that dialog, hit delete and it's worked for me.

Not sure of any expired ones, as I don't have any yet.

The same (sort of) back-door works for a program that will not start to play. If it won't play from the Tiles menu, call it up and then press play (not scroll to play, but just press it). It will then start to play. Wife runs across that one all the time in her kitchen, Joey.

So the moral of the story is if something doesn't work, try two other ways to do the same thing. One of them will work. Code and code flow paths are different for each way of playing or deleting a program.
Thanks but that option is not available.

I hope H378 cures my audio dropouts.

4K Events Discussion Thread