Can two RC65RX's using RF control One Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deanod

Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Earth
Hi,

I have my DTV receiver signal split between several rooms, however I have to take my RC65RX remote (setup for RF) with me wherever I go to watch TV downstairs.

I have a 2nd RC65RX remote that I had left over from another receiver that I would like to use in my other rooms downstairs.

Is there a way to make the 2nd one work using RF without having to use the on screen programming? Directv says it won't work, but I have heard of others doing it somehow by manually setting up the remote without using the screen.

Any ideas or is this a no go?

Please let me know,
Dean

I'm controlling my DVR with 2 RF remotes. Can't recall how I got it going, but it wasn't difficult. I didn't realize it was not supposed to work!

Eric

Didn't work...8(

Thanks...but it didn't seem to fix it...DVR Receiver still ignoring my remote. I have a Directv DVR/Receiver if this helps at a;;

D.

Try this.

Press and hold MUTE and SELECT, wait for the two flashes. Enter code 961 then press channel up. Enter code 663647, then enter.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Hi Eric,

Would be helpful if you could remember how you did it...haha

D.

I'm controlling my DVR with 2 RF remotes. Can't recall how I got it going, but it wasn't difficult. I didn't realize it was not supposed to work!

Eric

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upgrade to Choice Extra and Get EI for free?

Sports Promos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)