Can somebody remove vip211k from former account?

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
so the vip211k i bought is still on the origonal persons account even though its deactivated, can anyone here help me with that? i pm'd someone i think that can help me but just in case they cant i am making this post

so the vip211k i bought is still on the origonal persons account even though its deactivated, can anyone here help me with that? i pm'd someone i think that can help me but just in case they cant i am making this post
I think you need to contact the original owner and have them remove the receiver from their account.

i know im just seeing if anyone can help in case they cant remove it themselves and i think someone here could possibly help me if that's the case
If the original owner still has an account going, and I am assuming they do because of the deactivation but still on the account, they can make a phone call to DISH and have it removed from their account. Otherwise I think you have a doorstop and should request a refund.

If the original owner still has an account going, and I am assuming they do because of the deactivation but still on the account, they can make a phone call to DISH and have it removed from their account. Otherwise I think you have a doorstop and should request a refund.
the seller just told me he got it from his neighbor who passed away, if dish would to be given this info could they remove it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
the seller just told me he got it from his neighbor who passed away, if dish would to be given this info could they remove it?
Beats me. Is that receiver on the dead neighbor's account or your seller's account? If it isn't the seller's account he has no business selling a receiver that isn't his. Did he ever have it activated under his account?

Last edited:
Probably should speak to the executor of the estate, if there is one? Ultimately whoever ended up responsible for the dish account would need to contact dish about it.

Probably should speak to the executor of the estate, if there is one? Ultimately whoever ended up responsible for the dish account would need to contact dish about it.
Well look likes its going to be just used as a ota box now! got a refund for it and can keep it, so earlier i just bought an ipod photo 20gb aka iPod classic 4th gen.

The correct legal procedure would be a death certificate of the account holder has to be presented to DISH and the executor of the estate has to provide some form of legal documentation transferring the account from the original owner who is deceased to the seller, atleast something in that direction or otherwise as Bobby has mentioned, it would be considered stolen property because it was not properly transferred legally to the seller. Glad everything turned out in your favor though.

We had to do exactly that with my Father’s DirecTV accounts. With the copy of the Death Certificate and the document from the Executor, it went relatively easy.

We had to do exactly that with my Father’s DirecTV accounts. With the copy of the Death Certificate and the document from the Executor, it went relatively easy.
I didn't have to do it for any account as for our Comcast Cable account before they started with the Xfinity name in mid-2005, all it took was a phone call to change the name on the account from my late dad to my name by telephone. They didn't even require the Death Certificate or any documentation. The only exception was financial institution accounts like banks and brokerage firms which did require it to either close the account or remove his name from a account but that still required only a copy of death certificate.

Since I had helped my Dad with some DTV calls, I knew his PIN, too. He had been with them (well, the two services that became DirecTV) since 1994 and the CSR asked if there was any way we could continue the service. Since I had Dish and my brother had Comcast, it was easy to say no.

Since I had helped my Dad with some DTV calls, I knew his PIN, too. He had been with them (well, the two services that became DirecTV) since 1994 and the CSR asked if there was any way we could continue the service. Since I had Dish and my brother had Comcast, it was easy to say no.
We had Comcast originally as Viacom Cablevision San Francisco which became TCI (TeleCommunications Inc) after they bought Viacom Cablevision San Francisco and then AT&T Inc (the real AT&T aka Ma Bell and not the current Southwestern Bell Corporation (SBC) who bought AT&T Inc. and changed their name to AT&T) who operated under AT&T Broadband Inc before Comcast bought AT&T Broadband Inc since July 10, 1984. There was no PIN and even if there was, my late dad would not remember the PIN as while I am currently 50, my late dad is 63 years older than I am before there was such a thing as a PIN so I was the one who signed up for the service when I was 10 years old while he was next to me in 1984 when we did the ordering. I never cancelled the service but asked to have the account holder name changed to me and then kept it until June 2009 when we moved. Then we went with Directv first because that was where JadeWorld was before they moved to DISH in November 7, 2012 which was how we ended up with DISH with the Hopper 1 aka Hopper 2000 and then upgraded to the Hopper H3 in February 2016.

Signal drop outs questions

Purchases start immediately