Can not get the TV/Video button to work

puttsthree

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
I just got Dish network (DVR 625) a couple days ago and I am trying to get the IR remote to work with my TV. It will control the volume and the power, but will not operate the TV/Video button. The TV is a Philips-Magnavox (TP3681C1) that I purchased in 1999. I have tried using all the different codes in the back of the users manual for Philips and Magnavox. Any suggestions short of buying a new TV?

Most likely there is no code for the TV/Video button. Although they try to get as many codes as possible be thankful that the power and volume work. I have installed houses where there is no TV code.

The Dish remote isn't a great universal remote. If it turns the TV on and off and changes the volume I'd be satisfied. If you're looking for a nice universal check out the line of remotes from Harmony. I use a 659 with my 811 and it works great.

puttsthree said:
Thanks for the replies. I will check out the remotes mentioned.

Yeah...don't think a newer TV will get you the codes you want! My Hitachi is a little over a year old...the TV/Video doesnt work on it. Luckily the remote works the other important stuff. On the other hand...My Westinghouse LCD is less than a year old...and NO code is available to make any TV functions work. :(

You have to remember that the remote was made before your LCD TV and the TV manufacture probably came up with a new code and didn't use one of there standard codes or could be a New TV manufacture to the USA and Dish didn't put there codes in only so much space in the chip.

IMO, the Dish Network remotes are some of the best universal remotes out there, especially when it comes to satellite receiver remotes! Granted, they don't have codes for everything, but I can operate more with my Dish Network remotes than I ever could with four different Directv remotes. I wish that they would come out with a learning remote, then they'd be perfect! The learning remote that I bought is a ONEforALL learning remote that cost $20 at Wal-Mart. I am able to do everything that I want with it.

What channels can you add individually?

625 TV 2 Remote is going Exorcist on me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)