Can It Be done

old pontiacguy

Original poster
Jun 10, 2024
Kansas
I've was a member here several years ago, but I cannot remember my username, and password from those days.
So, here's a new thread non something similar to what happen back then. I did have a Dish 1000.2 with Hybrd Slimline LNB coax to a Wally receiver, and that is a "no brainer" story you wouldn't want to read about. Well! I give you a few reasons why I threw the Wally in the trash after using it three months. The wife didn't really want this Wally, as she had problems with the remote and a few other matters. The Wally would always turn on showing "On-demand" and she would push some more buttons and when we receive the monthly bill from Dish there would be $75.00 to $125.00 in pay-per-view movies showing. She didn't want to order any movies, the buttons she push shown she did. After three months with over four hundred dollars of movies ordered, I decided the Wally had to go. So, I went back to the old Dish 500 and the two VIP 211K receivers.
I have two Dish VIP211K receivers coax to two smart Vizio TV's. They get good Dish signal from a Dish 500 with a DDPlus Twin LNB. I can stay with this setup and all will be fine with the wife. Or I can install the Dish 1000.2 and connect a dp Plus triple LNBF:Model A771203-WF-1300RZD- 4 ports that I have. (not the Hybrd Slimline one). Question is, will this 1000.2 and triple dp plus LNBF work with the two VIP211K receivers.
s

I've was a member here several years ago, but I cannot remember my username, and password from those days.
So, here's a new thread non something similar to what happen back then. I did have a Dish 1000.2 with Hybrd Slimline LNB coax to a Wally receiver, and that is a "no brainer" story you wouldn't want to read about. Well! I give you a few reasons why I threw the Wally in the trash after using it three months. The wife didn't really want this Wally, as she had problems with the remote and a few other matters. The Wally would always turn on showing "On-demand" and she would push some more buttons and when we receive the monthly bill from Dish there would be $75.00 to $125.00 in pay-per-view movies showing. She didn't want to order any movies, the buttons she push shown she did. After three months with over four hundred dollars of movies ordered, I decided the Wally had to go. So, I went back to the old Dish 500 and the two VIP 211K receivers.
I have two Dish VIP211K receivers coax to two smart Vizio TV's. They get good Dish signal from a Dish 500 with a DDPlus Twin LNB. I can stay with this setup and all will be fine with the wife. Or I can install the Dish 1000.2 and connect a dp Plus triple LNBF:Model A771203-WF-1300RZD- 4 ports that I have. (not the Hybrd Slimline one). Question is, will this 1000.2 and triple dp plus LNBF work with the two VIP211K receivers.
s
It will work, but there's no need for a triple LNB since both the eastern and western arcs only use two satellites each.

s
You could have just disconnected the Wally from the Internet or went into Parental Controls and disabled purchases, FWIW.

There is a new Dish setup coming out this month.
DIsh 500 with the same backing structure as the 1000.2 and new DPH WA 500 Twin that will run Hoppers AND VIP's, including 211K's and 722"s

1718066889559.png

• The DISH Pro Hybrid (DPH) 500 WA LNBF is designed to point at the western arc satellites
    • DPH LNBFs and switches support band stacking (2 tuners) or FSK channel stacking (16 tuners)
  • Outputs
  • Inputs
  • Switches
    • LNBF has an Internal switch
      • Turns off when connected to a compatible external switch
      • Note: The DPH 500 WA LNBF is the only Hybrid LNBF compatible with a switch
  • Max Receiver's
    • 2 ViP Single tuners
    • 2 ViP Dual tuners
    • 2 Hopper 2000's or Hopper With Slings
    • 1 Hopper 3
      • Port 2 turns off when connected to a Hopper 3
    • 8 Wallys in dual tuner mode with DPZ Channel Stack Splitters
      • Port 2 turns off when connected to a Wally
      • DPH Power inserter required
    • 16 Wallys in single tuner mode with DPZ Channel Stack Splitters
But apparently, NOT Hopper Duo's??

You could have just disconnected the Wally from the Internet or went into Parental Controls and disabled purchases, FWIW.

There is a new Dish setup coming out this month.
DIsh 500 with the same backing structure as the 1000.2 and new DPH WA 500 Twin that will run Hoppers AND VIP's, including 211K's and 722"s

View attachment 171988

• The DISH Pro Hybrid (DPH) 500 WA LNBF is designed to point at the western arc satellites
    • DPH LNBFs and switches support band stacking (2 tuners) or FSK channel stacking (16 tuners)
  • Outputs
  • Inputs
  • Switches
    • LNBF has an Internal switch
      • Turns off when connected to a compatible external switch
      • Note: The DPH 500 WA LNBF is the only Hybrid LNBF compatible with a switch
  • Max Receiver's
    • 2 ViP Single tuners
    • 2 ViP Dual tuners
    • 2 Hopper 2000's or Hopper With Slings
    • 1 Hopper 3
      • Port 2 turns off when connected to a Hopper 3
    • 8 Wallys in dual tuner mode with DPZ Channel Stack Splitters
    • 16 Wallys in single tuner mode with DPZ Channel Stack Splitters
But apparently, NOT Hopper Duo's??
So, Dish is making a return to yesterday on some of their satellite dishes and LNB's. With that, I would guess there will never be a "third satellite" to mess with when trying to alien a dish in the future.

Now, back to my situation. My Dish 500 is probably twenty years old and has been through several hailstorms and saw it day. I didn't want to purchase another Dish 500, and just use the 1000.2 that I have.
might wait until the new dish and LNB come into play.
Thanks for the great information, and if I have any other problems, I'll be back on here.

The old Dish remotes work for me on the Wally (and Hopper 3). The 20.x and 21.x models. I can’t stand the newer remotes. Sorry you had bad luck with the Wally. Wish we could have helped before things escalated so much with the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Dish is making a return to yesterday on some of their satellite dishes and LNB's. With that, I would guess there will never be a "third satellite" to mess with when trying to alien a dish in the future.

Now, back to my situation. My Dish 500 is probably twenty years old and has been through several hailstorms and saw it day. I didn't want to purchase another Dish 500, and just use the 1000.2 that I have.
might wait until the new dish and LNB come into play.
Thanks for the great information, and if I have any other problems, I'll be back on here.
I would wait since the new one is so versatile with all the different systems

Reactions: charlesrshell
Will this LNB work on the 1000.2 since ther are so many of them?I'm a little confused what the backing structure is
The backing structure is going to be the same as the 1000.2 but the reflector is going to be the 500 and I don’t know if they work together. As soon as we get some, I’m going to test it.

I would wait since the new one is so versatile with all the different systems

The backing structure is going to be the same as the 1000.2 but the reflector is going to be the 500 and I don’t know if they work together. As soon as we get some, I’m going to test it.
I don't think that will work. The arm on the 1000.2 backing assembly is a few inches longer than the arm on the Dish 500 backing assembly. That would throw the Dish 500 reflector signal different than the 1000.2 signal. Probably the LNB bracket that connects to the arm will be shaped differently also.

I don't think that will work. The arm on the 1000.2 backing assembly is a few inches longer than the arm on the Dish 500 backing assembly. That would throw the Dish 500 reflector signal different than the 1000.2 signal. Probably the LNB bracket that connects to the arm will be shaped differently also.
Yea the lnb will have different soabobg to accommodate the way the reflector distributes signal

So have you heard what they are doing for EA? Are the existing lnbs supposed to work with this dish? They said they plan on doing away with the 1000.2 reflector so I'd assume that means both arc will work with the 500.

Transponder for bravo?

Hopper 3 hard drive failure