Can I use a 3X4 multiswitch to add a 3rd reciever?

Your link points to a DirecTV device. This is a DishNetwork forum. You don't specify whether you're a D* or E* subscriber.

The device in question will not work with E* LNBs so far as I know.

So if I get another receiver. I hook up all the cables. I should have a signal. Now do I call dish network to get the receiver working and tell them I'm added a receiver?

pjm8047 said:
So if I get another receiver. I hook up all the cables. I should have a signal. Now do I call dish network to get the receiver working and tell them I'm added a receiver?

Yes, and then give them the Receiver and SmartCard numbers. They should then be able to authorize it.

Many times PJM I've done DISH since they started in March 1996. What you have is the same as a basic DirecTV system so for a dual LNB and only 1 satellite location it works quite economically. Those were the good ole days before DISH got so darned complicated.

pjm8047 said:
I'm looking at a receiver model 311. Does this receiver need a smart card?
Nope; the initial smart card is built into the 311. It has a card slot, but it's for future swapouts only. Of course, you'll still have a "card number" to call in to Dish.

If you are using a Dish-300 w/ a Legacy Dual LNB then yes, this SAM34 switch should work fine. You could also use a Dish Network SW44 or SW64, I'm not sure what the price of the SW44's are but I know that the SW64 is around $160 dollars.

Dish 111, 311, 322, 522, and 811 receivers no longer contain SmartCards, I'm not sure about the 721 and 921 receivers.

Your phone call should be quite simple, call dish and tell them you would like to add an addition receiver to your account, they'll ask for the R00 and S00 numbers off the receiver, a $5.00 outlet fee will be assessed to your account and the receiver should be active within 10 minutes.

...v

Fan and DA Out

811/301/301 vs 811/522 Lease Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts