Can I replace my old receiver model 3000 for free if it is working?

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I have two receivers a model 4900 and 3000. Then both work. Could I replace the 3000 with a newer receiver that has the same feature but newer for free? The 3000 is slow it takes like two minutes or morefor info about a program to pop up.

Dish has replaced some 2000s but I haven't seen anything about 3000. Call DISH and see what they will do for you its a free call.

If you're in an DMA that requires SuperDish for your locals, I've heard some installers will swap low-end non-DishPro receivers for 301/311 receivers instead of installing a legacy adapter.

And boba meant to say "it's a free call" instead of a "fee call."

I live in Syracuse,ny if I what locals from Dish I would need a Superdish. I'm get my locals nice and clear with an outdoor antenna. I don't need a Super Dish. When I got my Dish 500 they wanted to install a superdish. I told them I want a dish 500. Why do I need that big thing on my roof if I'm getting it nice and clear with the outdoor antenna. If I got the locals for free from DishI would get the SuperDish.

Foxbat said:
If you're in an DMA that requires SuperDish for your locals, I've heard some installers will swap low-end non-DishPro receivers for 301/311 receivers instead of installing a legacy adapter.

And boba meant to say "it's a free call" instead of a "fee call."
Thank you the fee has been corrected. :)

New Channels Update??

Unable to connect to Echostar 119 Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)