Can DPP 44 or DP34 can be cascaded more than 3 with amplifier

dish_installer

Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Thanks for reading a big note..
Hi guys. I am newbie at satelliteguys.us.. I have been doing a basic residential for a while, now I have moved to MDU's. I have done little reading and I don't think I found any where but founnd great helpful info.. This is is best site I have ever seen..thanks and HATS off..
I want to know how many DPP 44 can be cascaded. I know it's recommended for only 3. IS it possible i can cascade more than 3 . Any ideas will be great help for me. Can I put the splitter or anything similar before the switch and again I have to use FSS satellite 121 or mostly 118.7. OR can I put any amplifier etc...please anything you know about this will be appreciated.
Most of the jobs I am doing are appartment complex buildings and they are about 15 floors. There are only very limited cables I can bring form floor to floor. These are all 2 bedroom appartments or condos and they prewired with only one cable going to the appartment from the cable box loacated on each floor. Most of the custumers would like to get atleast 2 tv's. So I need to install a dual tuner. I guess i have to install DPP44 not a spaun switches. And most of them 3(119,110,61.5) or 4(118.7)satellites. May be I may trunk DP 34 in between for single tuner custumer( As my boss don't like to give away 44's).Any help would be very appreciated.

SmityWhity beat me to it... but use a quad and 2 sets of switches. I did an apartment building one time and we used a Dish500 with a DP quad and a DP dual for 61.5 into 2 sets of 4 DP34 switches. We had fairly short runs though, but we didnt have any problems adding in the extra 2 switches.

Your problem is going to be adding in the FSS satellites.
Sounds like you are going to have to do some playing around with this thing.

If it was me, I would put up 3 single dishes with DP duals pointed at 110, 119, and 129. Then a Dish 500+ pointed just at 118.7. Then I would run the 118.7 through a dual power passing splitter and take all of that to 2 sets of 3 DPP44 switches.
Will 118.7 work? I don't know for sure, but if i HAD to guess, i'd say there is a good chance it will.

Your problem is going to be adding in the FSS satellites.
To bad there are no "DP/DP Compatible/Stacked Dual LNBF for 118.7 and/or 121", so you could avoid dedicating a multi-location/LNBF dish antenna for a single orbital location.

EDIT:
I guess for some floors, you may have to feed one set of DPP44's with 119/110/129/121, with the other set feeding 119/110/129/118.7, or maybe even 119/110/121/118.7.

At least until that DPP64 comes out -- 119/110/129/118.7/121/61.5. :up

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers..So, there is noway I can have more than 6switches cascaded from one dish. Can I use high frequency splitter to split 118.7. I guess I've to use similar to DP splitter( DC pass on one side) or Dc pass on both side splitter?. I've also seen microyal 3 way or 4-way DP splitter. Can I use those splitter to split FSS 118.7?. I'll be using either 118.7 or 121. I am thinking to bring just one or two cables from roof as they are all chinese and wants only Great wall of china package in 15 story building. All channels are on 118.7 and I cannot bring more than 3 cables from floor to floor with the existing cable pipe line. Do you guys have another suggestion please let me know. There are about 15 appartments in each floor. And every one in the building are chinese. If I think I've no other choice then I'll go for spaun. Well then I can give only 1 tv service which don't make them very happy. i really wantu use all DP44's atleast 1 DP44 in each floor(only one input 118.7). I wish I could buy any amplifier in between and can cascade more than 3 switches. Each floor is only 14 feet away. Please guys if you know inline amp or anything please let me know. Thanks a lot.

I've been searching for this answer for quite some time as well. I like the DP Quad idea for 110/119 feeding two DP44 cascades. Honestly, you probably won't ever fill up both those cascades. That's 24 customers, each with two TVs. If you've got that many, then just tell the rest, "Sorry, you'll have to wait till someone moves! I'll put you on the waiting list."

But keep looking for the answer and let me know if you find it! I'd be interested to know if there's a way to get 100+ customers on a single set of dishes. When I sought this out, the only 'solution' I found was to use all DP dual LNBs. Put a high freq. amplifier on each LNB feed before passing it through a high freq. splitter, then onto your switches. For your situation, is there ONE MAIN communications room where all these cables go? Or is there an individual junction box for each floor?

If the Chinese Packages that are on 118.7 are still on 61.5 (or 148), and Dish can confirm they will still be there for awhile; and if you can get 4 cables down the pipe between each floor, then maybe the following will work.

Install 2 dishes each with a DP Dual pointed at 61.5 (or 148). Each feed from each DP Dual will have to feed 4 floors. From the 1st DP Dual, run a cable to Floors 15 and 11; and from the 2nd DP Dual, run a cable to Floors 07 and 03.
NOTE: The DP Quad would not work since 2 outputs would pick up 61.5 and 2 would have no signals.

Then....

On Floor 15, the single lead will feed a DP 3-way splitter. One output will go to Floor 14, and the other 2 outputs will feed 4 DPP44 for upto 16 receivers on floor 15.

On Floor 14, the single lead will feed a DP 3-way splitter. One output will go to Floor 13, and the other 2 outputs will feed 4 DPP44 for upto 16 receivers on floor 14.

On Floor 13, the single lead will feed a DP 3-way splitter. One output will go to Floor 12, and the other 2 outputs will feed 4 DPP44 for upto 16 receivers on floor 13.

On Floor 12, the single lead will feed a DP 2-way splitter. The 2 outputs will feed 4 DPP44 for upto 16 receivers on floor 12.

Then do the same thing for Floors 11 - 08, and then the same thing for Floors 07 - 04, and as well as for Floors 03 - 01.

This may go over the 200 ft for DishPro installation. Maybe a DP Dual on each end of the building, or one on the roof and one on the ground, would help. There's a lot of DPP44's here (60), and a few DP 3-Way Spillters (12), and a few DP 2-Way Splitters (4). I'm sure some sat compatible amps would be needed along the way.

Plus this leaves them to watching only Chinese Packages & HD Package.

I think you need to work with Dish and set this building up like a Motel/Hotel, or use QAM type equipment if Dish has it.

Or, you maybe use a bunch of modulators and feed everyone the same thing; or they get nothing.

EDIT:
Who pays the electric for the Power Inserters?:D
They best be outside of an apartment, or if it gets unplugged, the other 3 tennants on it would probably lose signal.:eek:

Thanks Smitywhity. I am going to use 118.7 as the channels are only on 118.7. But no probelm. I am sure I can do something. I think any high frequency splitter that has only one port power pass should work like DP splitter. Even if it's 3-way or 4-way. I've seen a Eagle aspen makes them. But there is going to be a decibel loss so I guess I've to add a decibel gain in line amp according to it. Hopefully it works. If you think it doesn't work please let me know. And if you know any particular amplifier please let me know?. I've seen a Eagle aspen upto 20 dB gain and sky walker. But they are very cheap and they don't have extra power to them. I hope they work having them before splitter (OR) after splitter before multiswitch. I don't have any decibel calculating meter as I didn't need it so far. I HOPE IT WORKS FINE TO CASCADE THREE DPP44 FROM THE CABLE COMING OUTPUT OF SPLITTER. THANKS AGIAN.
I'll let u know Zandarkoad once I finish this project but this is scheduled on end of march.

I recommend you do a site survey and then plan it all out on paper and discuss with your company. Once you know who will subscribe to what, you should be able to use DP34 for those that will not have a Dual Tuner receiver.

ABC Philly Sunday Night

Dish 811 P384 Software Release Notes from Dish Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)