C-Band radio dish size

Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
What is the smallest possible dish size which would allow reception of C-Band radio stations?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Tim

Last edited:
If only we were in the UK and Europe where 1.5m will work for C-Band. I used to have a 1.7m solid fiberglass/mesh inside, when I lived there.

PSB said:
If only we were in the UK and Europe where 1.5m will work for C-Band. I used to have a 1.7m solid fiberglass/mesh inside, when I lived there.
Did you have stronger signals?
I've been meaning to ask...Why does the Europe seem to have a different (Better?) FTA system (for lack of a better word) than in the US? From what little I've been able to gather it seems more main stream than in the US. I don't necessarily think that main stream is good though. Sometimes I like to be a little different than the rest.

Last edited:
There are many different countries close to each other, so picking up channels form other places is easy (and addictive) Many countries have nationally funded FTA satellite channels or services. Then in the UK they have more or less saturated the satellite market, so both the BBC and BSKYB have a FREE TO AIR satellite service. Then there are all the similar feeds and of course over there we can see a lot further east = even more countries!

Thats they way I see things going here, may take some time but it makes sense to have a FTA satellite service in the USA. IMO we are halfway there.

Cambini! ASN channel is FTA on C-Band, watch it OFTEN. I come from Old Scotia (Scotland) so this channel is of special interest to me!

C-band = 6' dish or BIGGER, although I was able to pick up this channel on a 40" dish and the ASN-421 C-Band LNBF!

No Strings said:
The have more than 2 degrees spacing over there?
Neal

Yes, I think its mentioned in the "What is C-Band" in the FAQ area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need to find Telstar5 - please help!

Universal Dish Mount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)