BVNTV Dutch programming/What satellite

dutch7773

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Hi folks, new here so please bear with me...
Great thing going here, lotsa information and I'm certainly not going to get bored here :)

I have a question. My parents are going to travel in the States, and they would like to get BVNTV in their motor home. Way back when I used to have BVNTV programming on Dish, but that was an extra $10 per month. Right now it seems that they offer free programming, however, I'm not sure which provider it is on, or if it is provider specific even.

I have found some references to Lyngsat and Telstar 12. I don't have a clue what that means.

Would it be possible to use a Directv receiver and point to this satellite and receive BVNTV or would they need a special receiver/subscription?

They have one of those self aiming satellite dished on the motor home, so it shouldn't be difficult to find the sat they need.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks
Dutch

BVN went back to free to air satellite on AMC4 at 101 degrees west.

You would need a 30" dish and a KU Band LNB. Also a different receiver. It is not on DirecTV or Dish Network

Amc-4

Wow, that was a fast reply, thanks Iceberg!

I saw that they are FTA, would that mean that I can go to a company like www.trusssatellite.com and buy an FTA receiver, and point it to the coordinates you mentioned?

tnx, d

sure. You would need a bigger dish than the one on the rv though. The ones on the RV are for Dish/Direct only and not free ot air satellites

Tw Dvr

FiOS plans 1,000 VOD programs in HiDef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts