Burstnet thing stalls Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
This burstnet thing is getting to be painful. Whenever I try to reply to a thread over on the fta section, I get a blank page with the "transferring to burstnet.com" at the bottom of the Firefox browser. And it will sit there blank until I
hit the red Stop button at the top bar. Sometimes just getting the browser to load a thread gives me a similar wait, saying something about "ads.satelliteguys.us", but usually that will eventually go ahead and load the thread. I'm wondering if I need to switch browsers or something.

Can you provide me a specific test link? I have been in and out of the FTA area many times tonight with Firefox and have not had that happen.

Don't know how I could provide a test link....it happens when I hit the 'Post Quick Reply' button at the bottom of the page. It was esp evident Thurs. Maybe the ad server is just slower some days, causing me to notice it more.

I joined the PUB to get rid of the ads because burstnet, burstbeacon and google ads were stopping me at my firewall. I was picking up a Trojan horse 2 or 3 times a day... Since I joined the PUB I have not gotten even one TH! It appears ... THE PUB IS WORTH IT ! And the support is worthwhile! IMHO.

I think it might be one or more of the google ads but with a strong firewall it blocks what ever ad is trying to come through. CCLEANER shows burstbeacon.... and deletes the cookies and files then the forums work again for me. Joining the PUB seem to have cleared it up, here. I was on google tonight and my firewall shut me down and when I ran CCLEANER there was burstbeacon and google ads... Cleaned them up and I am back on again! If you are not using a strong firewall, you might not SEE the problem - and who knows who sees your keystrokes....

"I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me!"

And I would not have know about the problem if Boeing did not insist that I use their enterprise firewall.

Last edited:
I found a FF extension that deals with it, their generic adblocking doesn't quite get all the trouble spots. But then, probably none are 100% effective. Seems to have fixed my problem though!

ahhh; I guess I forgot to mention that I was using the AdBlock Plus extension. I have had it so long I guess I forgot about it. Is that what you added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola 4402x satellite recievers

Planned Outtage 12:30am Thursday Night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts