Building my own dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blknight

Original poster
May 5, 2005
Oregon
making own dish

So has anyone tried making their own dish I know a lot of Shortwave guys make there own antenna's and I understand some have made parabolic ones. Just curious, I'd try it if someone pointed me in the right direction. Love to tinker with stuff and figure out a cheap way to do it.

blknight

Hi blknight, welcome to SatelliteGuys.US. :)

Talk to ken2400 on here (or search for his threads & posts), he is the resident "let's see what we can make dishes out of" guy. :)

What size dish do you want to make? Sometimes people leave Primestar dishes on there homes. I have three and still I find them in my travels.

18" DTV/Dish network dishes and LNBF end up in the trash from time to time. They also stay on rentals long after people leave. Look for disconnected cords.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=stressed+parabolic&

Wal-mart sells milar emergency blankets in the camping department. I have yet to try this idea tho.

blknight said:
So has anyone tried making their own dish I know a lot of Shortwave guys make there own antenna's and I understand some have made parabolic ones. Just curious, I'd try it if someone pointed me in the right direction. Love to tinker with stuff and figure out a cheap way to do it.

blknight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Universal LNBF and Analog Receiver

question feel kinda dumb askin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)