Bowden resigns from Florida State

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Jeff Bowden that is.....gotcha. You thought it was Bobby didn't you.
Jeff was the offensive coordinator for Florida State.

Jeff Bowden receives $537,000 buyout

Wow, you suck at your job...get fired, and then get paid through 2012. Gee, I wish that I could find a job like that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2663018

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden received a $537,500 payoff from the school's boosters to resign following several seasons of declining production.

The settlement was revealed Wednesday when the school released a copy of the agreement Bowden's attorneys reached with the university and its boosters. The resignation takes effect Nov. 26, a day after the season finale against Florida.

Bowden -- youngest son of head coach Bobby Bowden -- retains his present $141,000 salary until his contract expires next August. He will then receive annual payments of $107,500 until August 2012.

The agreement, dated Nov. 14, was signed by Jeff Bowden, whose legal first name is George. Also signing it was Andy Miller, president of Seminole Boosters, Inc.; Florida State president T.K. Wetherell; and athletic director Dave Hart Jr.

Yeah I heard about that this morning and couldn't believe it. I need that job too.

Wow, you suck at your job...get fired, and then get paid through 2012. Gee, I wish that I could find a job like that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2663018

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden received a $537,500 payoff from the school's boosters to resign following several seasons of declining production.

The settlement was revealed Wednesday when the school released a copy of the agreement Bowden's attorneys reached with the university and its boosters. The resignation takes effect Nov. 26, a day after the season finale against Florida.

Bowden -- youngest son of head coach Bobby Bowden -- retains his present $141,000 salary until his contract expires next August. He will then receive annual payments of $107,500 until August 2012.

The agreement, dated Nov. 14, was signed by Jeff Bowden, whose legal first name is George. Also signing it was Andy Miller, president of Seminole Boosters, Inc.; Florida State president T.K. Wetherell; and athletic director Dave Hart Jr.

Ahhhh...gotta love my alma mater....!:rolleyes: But truth be told, these agreements are NOT unique...but very normal among collage coaches in Football.

didn't the auburn boosters offer brother terry some kind of sweetheart deal to quit? i seem to recollect that happening.

only problem i have with is: i highly doubt jeff bowden will ever do any kind of work for fsu again after my gators leave him with a not so friendly parting gift!!

Is Bobby Knight add it again?

Which station will have college basketball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)