Blu Ray Player causing interference with 2nd TV's remote signal strength?

RUsluker

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
United States
Just bought a Sony Blu Ray player. Currently running a DuoDVR 625 receiver in our living room powering that TV (TV1) and a TV in our bedroom (TV2). The blu ray player is situated on top of my DVR receiver. When the blu ray player is on, the remote in the bedroom, TV2, loses control of the Satellite. After changing batteries and having no success, I found that the remote DOES control the satellite if I get within a 5 foot radius of the receiver. As soon as the blu ray player is turned off, I get full control of the satellite in the bed room. I have adjusted the antenna on the back of the receiver with no luck. Can the blu ray player be causing this interference? Further, the blu ray player has internal WiFi capabilities and is connected to our router. Would this be the culprit of the interference? Any ways to fix this other than NOT watching TV in the bedroom while my wife is streaming 16 And Pregnant on the BRP? Please help!

You could try flipping the A/B switch on the TV2 remote (under batt door) to the opposite position and then program the TV2 remote from the TV1 location and see if changing the bands helps cut through the interference. If the interference didnt' start until you put in your blue ray player then I would assume that is the cause. You can try moving the blue ray player to see if that helps or you can connect a short coax to the receiver to extend the remote address away from the other electronic equipment. I think your best bet is changing the remote band and reprogramming and if that doesn't do it then extend the remote antenna and get it away from the blue ray player.

Just bought a Sony Blu Ray player. Currently running a DuoDVR 625 receiver in our living room powering that TV (TV1) and a TV in our bedroom (TV2). The blu ray player is situated on top of my DVR receiver. When the blu ray player is on, the remote in the bedroom, TV2, loses control of the Satellite. After changing batteries and having no success, I found that the remote DOES control the satellite if I get within a 5 foot radius of the receiver. As soon as the blu ray player is turned off, I get full control of the satellite in the bed room. I have adjusted the antenna on the back of the receiver with no luck. Can the blu ray player be causing this interference? Further, the blu ray player has internal WiFi capabilities and is connected to our router. Would this be the culprit of the interference? Any ways to fix this other than NOT watching TV in the bedroom while my wife is streaming 16 And Pregnant on the BRP? Please help!

Seems like the solution is pretty simple---get the BRP off the Dish receiver. It shouldn't have ANYTHING sitting on top of it anyway. Doing so will cause an early failure of your receiver.

Ed

UVerse to Dish

Adding an additional Hopper or 211k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)