Blind scan time comparision

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Howdy Folks,
I was wondering if we could do a simple comparision of blind scan times in between different recievers. I think the best way to do this would be for us to point at the same sat with the same setting (fta only) and do a scan of it. Soooooooo i picked nimiq 1/3 to start, but i am open to the idea of a different sat as not all of us have DBS LNB's.

Ok, for my pansat 2700a to scan nimiq 1/3 with the setting of FTA ONLY took 6 minutes.

I would think we would all have to do it at the exact time, because of the nature of feeds and such. If one satellite is lit up at 8 PM, and I scan at 1 AM, I think we will get drastically different results, up to a minture or more??

You have a point there timmy, maybe it would be best to pick a linear KU sat that is not known for a lot of feeds? g10 works for that, not a lot of feeds popping up there.

Ok, I will try to, as Iceberg calls it, Getto move my dish tonight and scan G10R, and report the time here, as scanned with my Coolsat 4000 Pro.

This all depends on if the wife is willing to let me venture to the basement to do this.....

I think your pointing accuracy will have an effect also. If it's bad enough (not slamming anyone's pointing accuracy here) you'll certainly miss transponders and your scan will go quicker. But if it's just "sorta-off" then some transponders could take a little longer to pick up. On the other hand, being more spot-on could also increase the time as there could be a wider range of frequencies on which it catches the data, and has to go back through to find the peak (some receivers might be doing that).

But in any event, I'm still curious what different people report with their receivers. It will be interesting to see different people with the same receiver scanning the same bird (G10R). We'll assume everyone's dish is pointed mostly the same. Those with multiple receivers going to the same dish can probably provide the best results. :)

So far, not getting all the TP's yet on G10R, it takes about 5 minutes to smart scan with the Pansat 3500s.

GREAT question. I just want something faster than my Lifetime Ultra. Any ideas?

Thanks

drhydro said:
Howdy Folks,
I was wondering if we could do a simple comparision of blind scan times in between different recievers. I think the best way to do this would be for us to point at the same sat with the same setting (fta only) and do a scan of it. Soooooooo i picked nimiq 1/3 to start, but i am open to the idea of a different sat as not all of us have DBS LNB's.

Ok, for my pansat 2700a to scan nimiq 1/3 with the setting of FTA ONLY took 6 minutes.

Hi ya guys,

As a newbiebutnotforever I think the best way to make a smart search's comparison is to first ofcourse determine one of the SATs then and this one is the most important then delete all the TPs/Transporders on it and then later start the smart search and determine:

First: how long it will take.
Second: Determine how many TPs your reciever will discover.

Also I would like to ask if the smart search in all other recievers is similar to mine or not (pansat5000) because my pansat after finishing smart search it starts automatically making scan for channels.

So I want to understand something, when somebody count the time, do you add also the channels scaning to this time or you just stop after smart search dose, anybody understand me?

Anyway guys, if anybody liked the idea of deleting all the TPs in one of thier SATs just tell me and then I will start the challenge with you, and give the number and the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Driving Me Nuts Cool Sat Pro

got first channel need help to tweak dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts