bizzare problem with Pansat 3500sd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I was editing tps, and adding stuff, etc. this morning and all of a sudden I went in to edit another satellite and the option to add new tp is gone! Where the heck did it go? I'm just messing with KU band, so I deleted a C band satellite to see if maybe there were too many tps stored in memory or something. Deleting the satellite just sort of greyed it out, but nothing more... the option to add new is still gone on any edit tp on any satellite... I think I can rename stuff, etc. but just not add new. Is there a way to fix this?

YOu may have to do a factory default to get it back again, but that would mean losing all your channels. You would have to rescan all your sats.

guess I get to try out the save channels to card thingy

urgh... hope this works.

Yep, it did work in backing up the channels and tp info... BUT the problem persists after I bring the bin back in.

The NEW option is there under tp edit after the factory reset... but after I load the bin back in it's gone. Something weird seems to be going on.

Oh well.. got a lot in there already... would hate to lose it all. Smart Search seems to still work ok....

Last edited:
Wacko... Holy Moly... this problem is getting weirder... I did a factory reset, pulled in the code backup bin that I made a few weeks back + the channel bin that I made before doing the factory reset, and things went really bizzare... (yes, the bin files were made from this receiver - no hacking or internet downloading or whatever... the sd card's only been in this receiver and that's it)... take a look at this pic from the tv. I get to this screen and then everything freezes up! Something ain't right somewhere. I'm guessing the bin file is corrupted somehow or the other??? I am going to do another factory reset and go from ground zero - urgh... annoying. I know that the receiver's suppossed to be able to hold several thousand channels, but does it not really and get buffer overflow problems or something like a computer if you enter too many tps manually???? That's the only thing that I can think that could be the problem since I loaded a lot of tps off the numbers listed in lyngsat over the last 48 hours or so looking for new newsfeeds and stuff.
screen.JPG

If image doesn't show up it's url is http://www.free.hostultra.com/~articles/blogs/art/screen.JPG

Yes - that LNB Type says WARNING! and the Diseqc says #97

Last edited:
rescanning now...

last time I screwed up by manually scanning in install part of the pansat's setup stuff... it's better to do a "smart scan" on each satellite, so that's what I'm doing now.

I know i had a similiar situation last year when one of my "saves" after a blind scan was interupted by a power failure. Doing a factory restore fixed the problem, my 2700a has worked flawlessly since then.

mastermesh, what the hell is that webhost "hostultra" you're using? Clicking your link opened about 5 browsers with various ads in them and my antivirus went nuts saying 180search was trying to install itself, quarantine "partially successful". F***ing drive-by download crap ought to be illegal.

Sorry. I guess I'll try to get a better host. I use them since it's free, unlimited webspace... sometimes the popups come up, othertimes not... i.e.'s security bar comes up and blocks the active x for me.... that's all it is I think, just an active x installer of some kind?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How do You Manage TPs & Channels...Tips or Tricks?

Looking for an Soundblaster Extigy External Soundcard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)