Best One Satellite to Park a FTA Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Hello Everyone, I'm really new to this group but so far everyone looks really willing to help. I am considering a FTA Satellite System, I want a motorized one but the only problem is that i only have really one place to mount it and i don't know that the pitch of my roof would allow me to move all the way to one side of the arc for maximum viewing possibilities, so the question i have is that if i ge ta non moveable system what is the best satellite to point at in terms of news feeds or backhaul stuff. I'm not really concerned about the ethnic programming or the other unique stuff, mainly backhauls and news feeds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

I like IA-6 (93w) for LIVE news feeds....next best would be the G-11 satellite (91w) Backhauls are MAINLY on C-band thats those BIG dish you see in peoples yards, with around 10' being the required size, although a 6' C-Band dish would get you started. We have been messing around with much smaller C-Band dish with limited success.

Most of the guys here started out with a fixed dish :)

Another vote for IA6. While I was trying to figure out my motor, I parked there for several days. CBS Newspath, ABC ABSAT, ABC News Now and CNN (part time) give it an edge although I also like SBS 6, G11, AMC 9, and AMC 5.

Well I don't really know how much of the southern sky i'll be able to get with the motor, i haven't exactly figured my true south satellite out yet..im in zip code 76712, i know my true south compass heading, it is 175, and my motor angle wo uld be like 31 degrees and my dish angle is something like 41 degrees, i guess it just dependson how high in my sky the satellites would be, in other words i think i could get one side of the arc, but maybe not the other, like i said before i am mainly interested in news and perhaps wild feeds i guess they are called...im just excited to see if it's worth the $300.00 for the motorized system.

what is RTN? Sorry if that's a dumb question but i'm completely new to all this

RTN is the new retro television network on most of the Equity channels on G10.

IA6 for news
SBS6 for sports feeds
G10 for the obvious
IA5 if you want to learn a foregin language :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H and V poliarity on same freq..

Finally got it to work, but I'm stuck again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)