BBB sat complaints

Bob, surely there is enough for you to do other than to waste your life here, isn't there? SERIOUSLY???

of course there isn't.
At this point I don't know if he is as bad as the others, but I do get a good laugh out of his posts. but it is more of a pity laugh than anything else...

the Bbb isn't all that great in resolving things, I remember a few years ago I purchased a hand held crossbow from some place in Texas for around $70. I never got it and I never got no contact from them afterward. I filled a complaint and never got my money back. The bbb never did anything to pursue the company or owners and hold them liable so IMO they failed me.

As for just requests to get out of contracts and so on..well the SatCo's cause most of this themselves with all the lame fine print to trick people. They force installs so quick that a customers head will spin before they know whats going on.

of course there isn't.
At this point I don't know if he is as bad as the others, but I do get a good laugh out of his posts. but it is more of a pity laugh than anything else...

Exactly. I needle him so he just MIGHT realize how screwed up he is and do something about it. But SADLY, no.

Now really

In the interest of full disclosure, it must be noted that 11k of those E* complaints came from Pittsburg, by one man, and the other 2k came from Chicago...by one man.

So you think this is a Bob-a-thon?:D:D Sounds about right to me. Boobs of a feather Just kidding guys.

Here's info on the complaints that the BBB is getting on Sat companies. I read this on SkyReport this morning.

The Better Business Bureau says it has compiled 53K complaints about satellite providers across the past three years with DIRECTV drawing 39K complaints and DISH getting 13K.

Most complaints center around "complex policies and fees," says the bureau. Early termination fees (reportedly as much as $600) and introductory offers are two key problem areas.

D* is showing 3 times as many as E* How did that happen?

I think it happens when you call in to D* and they say"Well you know that receiver replacement last month"?."Your now under a new 24 month commitment"!.:eek::rolleyes:

In the interest of full disclosure, it must be noted that 11k of those E* complaints came from Pittsburg, by one man, and the other 2k came from Chicago...by one man.

Now that is too funny.... Sad, but true!

But I have to point out that the majority actually came from Pittsburgh, PA...

While I believe that a majority of complaints are the consumer being completely wrong (US consumers have some sort of entitlement problem), there are certainly many legit complaints. The satellite companies could likely do everything possible to make someone aware that they are getting a contract extension, and they would still complain that they were never told...just sayin. I suppose they'll start doing what the cell companies do and have a recorded message that you must take action (saying yes, or pushing 1, etc) to agree to, but even so, do you think that people still wouldn't try to claim that they weren't told?

It amazes me that even today, consumers don't read what they are signing. They could include that they claim rights to your first born child but if you don't read it, there's nobody to blame but yourself.

Again, I'm not saying that there aren't a fair share of legit complaints, but do you seriously think that they would give a receiver that costs them a huge amount of money for a discounted price and a lease fee without a contract? They do need to recoup the cost of all of the equipment that they provide to us, and like it or not, they are in business to make money. I still believe that Dish is the lesser of the evils available to me at my location.

Just my $.02

Since the contract you sign has the clause that says 'we can change any and all things at our whim', it causes some of the complaints to show up.

Accutrak meter

Dish or DirectTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)