Bay Area Legacy Ends - Giants leave KTVU

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Giants are moving to KNTV

The Giants have been on KTVU since 1958. In these days of money leading sports, this is a sad victim. The article states that KNTV has more leeway to broadcast prime-time games. Doesn't make much sense as KNTV is the NBC affiliate for the SF Bay Area serving SF, Oakland and San Jose. KTVU is synonymous with the Giants history. I really believe this is a sad day for the Bay Area.

Giants are moving to KNTV

The Giants have been on KTVU since 1958. In these days of money leading sports, this is a sad victim. The article states that KNTV has more leeway to broadcast prime-time games. Doesn't make much sense as KNTV is the NBC affiliate for the SF Bay Area serving SF, Oakland and San Jose. KTVU is synonymous with the Giants history. I really believe this is a sad day for the Bay Area.

VERY sad!!:(

Whoa, this is very sad. I was very sad when KNTV took over KRON as an NBC affiliate and now they take over the Giants games. I guess money can buy everything. :(

It would be sad if I were a Giants fan. I guess it would be like WLW not doing the Reds games anymore.

This reminds me when WPIX New York lost the Yankees broadcast TV rights to WNYW or when WWOR lost toe broadcast TV rights of Mets game to WPIX.
WPIX had the Yankee TV rights from 1948 until 1998, not 1951 as stated on
Wikipedia's website.

Joe Calzaghe Vs. Mikkel Kessler

Arod to opt out of contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts