Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Just hooked up a FTA system for the first time at my own home (I've done maybe 20-30 for customers).

I ran through every single channel I scanned in, and noticed the following channels only came in Black and White (B&W):

Gulfsat Promo
KTV 1
KTV 2
KTV 3
Al Watan Plus

Every other channel that came in, came in great (except for two that were audio only no picture - they were NOT radio stations. Those two were Klasik TV and Cubana de TV).

Any ideas?

Standard LNB with 75 cm dish and Lexium DBS6600.

That's strange. I wondered if it might have something to do with the video output settings, but I'm assuming the other channels on the satellite are fine. The Gulfsat promo, KTVs, and AlWatan Plus come in fine here. However, I can say that I notice a couple of issues with Klasik TV and Cubana de TV. They both have picture and audio for me, but Cubana seems to skip frames every so often. Klasik TV comes in fine, but you get a black screen for a full second before the picture appears. I'm using an Openbox S10, though...

Just hooked up a FTA system for the first time at my own home (I've done maybe 20-30 for customers).

I ran through every single channel I scanned in, and noticed the following channels only came in Black and White (B&W):

Gulfsat Promo
KTV 1
KTV 2
KTV 3
Al Watan Plus

Every other channel that came in, came in great (except for two that were audio only no picture - they were NOT radio stations. Those two were Klasik TV and Cubana de TV).

Any ideas?

Standard LNB with 75 cm dish and Lexium DBS6600.

KTV, is using a 576i 25 FPs 50 Hz video system, and the color system is PAL or SEACAM....:) They do differently over the pond.:cool:

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with the format that the station was broadcasting in and the limits of my TV. I'm using a little 7" LCD...

They both have picture and audio for me, but Cubana seems to skip frames every so often.
same issues on the C-Band version of that channel too...its DVB-S2 on 87W C-Band

You are likely in AUTO video format.
Switch to 480p and these PAL channels should function on your system.
(This is how we deal with this issue when using the Manhattan RS-1933,
and hopefully your receiver has this ability).

I'm somewhat surprised that his receiver would actually output a PAL signal instead of a 50Hz NTSC signal when tuning a PAL channel, but then again, I don't use the analog outputs anyway, and there's only one color system for digital as far as I know (ignoring 4:2:2, and things that would be receiver-specific like RGB vs. YUV.)

Channels that don't have video are usually MPEG4, but I don't know whether the Lexium is supposed to do MPEG4 or not.

I'm somewhat surprised that his receiver would actually output a PAL signal instead of a 50Hz NTSC signal when tuning a PAL channel, but then again, I don't use the analog outputs anyway, and there's only one color system for digital as far as I know (ignoring 4:2:2, and things that would be receiver-specific like RGB vs. YUV.)

Channels that don't have video are usually MPEG4, but I don't know whether the Lexium is supposed to do MPEG4 or not.

THIS Lexium is MPEG2 only.

I don't own a TV besides the 7" LCD, and it doesn't have the regular composite inputs so I can't test those. I was using coax. Maybe someday I'll buy a TV..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

It's look like Quetzsat 1 is now up and running at 67*Wk........

Poll: What type of Dish Configuration Do you Use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)