Average DNS Waiver Completion Time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Faxed my DNS waivers for NBC and CBS affiliates, on Friday October 22. D* reps say it could be up to 45-days for a response from the networks themselves. I can't see how it would take this long because E* and C-Band gave it to me within days.

Anyone know how long it will take to get them turned on??

Usually you have to have D* send the waivers on your behalf. It can take up to 45 days depending on the station.

Sounds like they are going to process your waiver request in the normal fashion. I would call them and let them know you have the waivers in hand and would like them to activate today. If you faxed paper waivers to them there is no reason they should not be activate immediately. Sounds like CSR roulette until you get one who knows what they are doing. It is pretty complicated, those guys do only get like 8 bucks an hour ... so they don't have the luxuries that we do.

Neutron said:
Usually you have to have D* send the waivers on your behalf. It can take up to 45 days depending on the station.

I think his local stations sent the waivers to him. KGWN and KCNC in my DMA did this. I was activated the same day. They sent the waivers to D* for me and sent me the hard copy via mail.

slacker9876 said:
Sounds like they are going to process your waiver request in the normal fashion. I would call them and let them know you have the waivers in hand and would like them to activate today. If you faxed paper waivers to them there is no reason they should not be activate immediately. Sounds like CSR roulette until you get one who knows what they are doing. It is pretty complicated, those guys do only get like 8 bucks an hour ... so they don't have the luxuries that we do.

Directv just told me that only THEY can request waivers and not me. I have waivers from my 2 affilliates in my hand but to no avail. They "used" to do it the old way but not anymore as of today 10/25/04.

So even though I have the 2 waivers, it's useless. I think I'll call up another CSR.

Definitely call another CSR, that is BS. They may not accept the waiver from you but that CANNOT refuse a waiver submitted directly from an affiliate and all the affiliates have the contact information for D* ... Keep trying.

slacker9876 said:
Definitely call another CSR, that is BS. They may not accept the waiver from you but that CANNOT refuse a waiver submitted directly from an affiliate and all the affiliates have the contact information for D* ... Keep trying.

ah, got as far as HD Eligilbility desk - refaxed my waivers, HD rep said just a matter of days.....left hand never knows what the right hand is doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Msg-hd???

INHD question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts