Avenger LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you look at them you'll see that the housing comes down over part of the connector so you can't get to the nut part of the connector in case you over tighten the cable. That what happen to me as I put on a small section so I can hook up my FS1 and when done us a barrel connector. When I was hooking up my meter I didn't realize that the cable was also turning and it may have tighten itself or when they build the LNB they didn't really tighten it before attaching the the board as it took very little to destroy it and I only finger tighten.
I purchase from Ebay (330551320886) for 8.99 and free shipping for the Xtreme II.

Same thing happened to me with the Avenger, it was not tight , not stacked or locktited.
spun out and tore itself from the board, in the trash it went.

Jeez...the more I think about this the more I think I wont get it. To be honest, I wanted to get it because I read some pretty positive reviews (the fact that there ARE lots of reviews help), and most of all, its less than $19 shipped.

I've been using ESX-521 standard Ku LNBFs for a while, very close to the performance of the QPH-031 Invacom universal. I have had one for about a year and it works just as well as the first day it was installed. Gain & NF seems fairly flat across the FSS band as far as I can tell without a signal source & SA. Very noticeable difference between this unit and some of the older .3 and .4 LNBFs in performance, often as much or more than 10%Q. Think I did a review somewhere...
-C.

Agreed.... you are on a great resource for and will find numerous test results done by SatelliteGuys on many of these LNBFs including several by myself....Personally, I would believe a real life test posted and confirmed by several sources over one that is provided by a distributor or reseller...
I read with caution single reports with anecdotal evidence from a user since this isn't very scientific. Direct comparisons need to be made at the same time in the same environment with different LNBs. An SQ reading compared with another LNB from another day or week has little meaning since atmospheric conditions can change quickly resulting in different SQ readings for weaker signals even without changing the LNB. I like to draw on the collective experience of many users, like you find on satelliteguys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

You have a dish aimed at 121 but......

Strain Relief Assembly for Skylighter 12" Actuator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)