at9 and deck post mounting

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Eric Goempel said:
OK, sorry that I did not get out a tape measure, but at a glance the 2 bases looked the same size, neither of mine are mounted to a piece of wood so I had no impression of the old one to compare the new on to. I am not here to get into a pissing match but I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and I am very aware of the issues of drilling holes into the base of a satellite arm. I have hung my 240 lb body from the arm and there is no issue with compromised design integrity. I also have 2 support arms on my dish, one on the vertical axis to aid in downward support, and a second mounted 90 degrees on the horizontal axis for LATERAL support. IF you have another reason for mounting a support arm at a 90 degree angle I would LOVE to hear it.:D

Fill me in on what the total surface area of the mount surface is, then remove the area removed by drilling new holes and tell me the resulting surface area is compromised to anywhere near the failure point. what is the tensile strength of the material used in the base? If you can not answer these questions then do not judge the manner my dish was installed or what advice I give others. BTW I was anything but a "hack" installer:mad: . You are the one looking for any reason to get out of all non vanilla installs.

YAWN:rolleyes:

yo..guys...sorry, i just wanted a answer to what i thought was a simple question. I think you for all of your answers but you all didnt have to be mad at one another. Ill let you know how the install goes saturday. Im sure it will go fine, those installers know their s*** and can put them dishes any where....

Just lets keep the peace...

RB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why D* for my Dad?

DVR and service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)