Asked 4 a dish upgrade, dude left w/o installing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
I have been a Direct TV subscriber since Hubbard owned the Pay Channel rights and Primestar was still in business. (long time)

I'm a little tired of the rain fade on the 18". I installed all my own stuff and own all my receivers. I figured they could put up a new elliptical.

I'm still standard def and I wasn't getting a DVR box. The new standard receiver is a downgrade from what I have. I sent those back.

Anyway, contractor dude shows up with dishes in the truck.

Talks his way out of putting them in. Leaves with dishes in the truck. I bet any money he closed this ticket as complete.

If I call for a HD upgrade, I'm screwed now, aren't I ?

Not necessarily....

First of all, did you sign the work order accepting the work as complete?
Secondly, why did you let him talk you out of the dish upgrade if it was on the work order?
Thirdly, do you need something other than an 18" dish for your channels?

I didn't sign anything.

Moment of weakness. He seemed like a short-cut guy. I didn't trust his skill level.

I wanted some more surface area to help with rain fade. (My 33" FTA dish never blanks out.)

My guess is that it wasn't even on the work order then, so he would have basically been installing it for free. I'm not positive about this, but it seems likely.

You can get and install your own phase III dish with little trouble, so why not do it yourself?

I didn't sign anything.

Moment of weakness. He seemed like a short-cut guy. I didn't trust his skill level.

I wanted some more surface area to help with rain fade. (My 33" FTA dish never blanks out.)

If you can do FTA, you can certainly install your own DN hardware - and generally do a MUCH better job than the "short cut guy" anyway.

Something is fishy about the information on this post. If his 33" ? FTA dish is so perfect why dosen't he have one set up for his 101 reception? If he refused new receivers why would he qualify for a new dish, how is the technician supposed to get paid for work?

I did order 3 new standard boxes. I sent 2 of them back. My 18" that I put in many years ago gets 92 on 101w on tp20. I didn't know 18"signal strength was similar to 3 lnb eliptical ...oops

Why didn't I put it in myself.. I didn't want to.

I've paid for and installed all my equpt. I figured they could have somebody do it this time (sub since 1997). Future HD service ability etc...

If the guy would have left it, I would have put it in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sunday Ticket preorder?

R22 and RF Antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)