ARIZA T-50/55 Toroidal Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
Has anyone heard of these dishes? I have a chance to buy one but I don't know much about it. Apparently the dish requires a reverse lnbf. What the heck is a reverse lnbf? I appreciate any assistance.

Steve

A reverse LNB is required if you're trying to pull in circularly polarized signals. The polarity changes when circular signals bounce off a surface. A toroidal dish places an additional reflector in the path of the signal. You don't have to worry about reverse LNBs with linear polarized signals. I think Ice had a toroidal at one time...

not big enough, and not a very wise choice in my opinion as you can only cover about 40 degrees of the arc,

you would be much better off with a bigger dish and motor

Yeah you would need the T90 is you wanted to use it for FTA

and not a very wise choice in my opinion as you can only cover about 40 degrees of the arc,
actually you can get more than 40 degrees. I added an extension on mine back then and had 72-119. The only issue is the closest you can usually get is 4 degrees because of the holders. Now I was able to get 2 degree spacing by using some bandstacked LNB's that had very narrow "eyes" and shoving them between the holders but its not feasible.

If you want a handful of sats on multiple recievers then the T90 would work.

Thread on the 2 degrees
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/105185-finally-got-t90-dish-back-up.html

wouldnt want one again. While they are nice there are limitations. The 4 degree spacing is one of them. Plus now there isnt as many satellite with either one channel that I liked or feeds on them.

When I had one set up that was when I had a whole bunch of receivers throughout the house (like 5 or 6) so motorized setups wouldnt work. Now as I look at the review I did I also had a specific reason. Had a dish setup for a sports feed, had Dish Network (110 & 119) and Shaw Direct (107 & 111.1) and 123 had a bunch of stuff on it. So it allowed me to combine alot onto one dish.

as to what happened to it? Well when I took it down and put the 6 foot dish on that table I placed it in the closet...well...from an old post
my T90 is gone....never leave heavy items on a shelf above a T90 dish because if the shelf falls

shelf fell and dented the hell out of the dish. So it became junk. Scrapped the dish and gave away some of the LNB's and the holders. The reverse LNB's I sold.

I don't remember having read that, Iceberg... Sorry about your T-90. I'm still working on plans to put mine up in the last open spot on my shed roof. I have the NPRM ready, just have to replace a lot of my hardware (nuts and bolts), since they rusted long ago.

I'm probably going to use that NPRM for a fixed 1.2 meter GeoSat on 103W until the Olympics are over, then the T-90 will replace it there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Commercial installation ?

Pampa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts