Are you a Pub member? dont miss....

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
I just want to share some thoughts with you guys. I am the type who dont wanna pay for nothing. I download all my music, movies, xbox games, software, etc... I always find a way to get it free.

However, last year I decied to become a pub member and I tell you its well worth it. You get more information, faster response to questions, and educated repsonses. I know alot about the technology world, but must say I have learned alot from my peer pub members.

So if your not a pub member what are you waiting for? its the best $20 I ever spent. It's a $1.67 a month or and

1 Year Pub Membership1 Year Pub Membership
Thank you for your interest in becoming a SatelliteGuys Pub Member / Support.

It is through kind support of folks like you that we are able to keep the lights on here (i.e. pay the bills) and keep SatelliteGuys open for all!

* Access to our Private Pub Members Forum
* Elimination of over 90% of the ads! (You will only see the top banner ad and the Gold Sponsors)
* A larger Private Message box, store 1000 Private Messages instead of only 25!
* The ability to store 300 pages (Using the SatelliteGuys Pager)instead of only 10!
* The ability to have your own ANIMATED Avatar!
* Ability for you to post FOR SALE items in our Classifieds Section!
* Access to our Private Back Room Forum - An optional forum where adults can hang out and discuss adult topics.
* A special icon next to your username in all your posts which tells everyone your a supporter!
* The good feeling that you help one of America's Most Popular Satellite sites stay online!

AND MORE!

If you pay by Credit Card you get all the benefits of your pub membership INSTANTLY!

Thank you for your support and for helping us keep the lights on!

click here now!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php

PS. Scott send me my money now, LOL!

I joined after I had troubles installing my FTA system. The help I received was OUTSTANDING! Here I am a new guy, confused/lost, etc, and I have total strangers offering me help. I had lots of forum/email/pm help, offers of phone help, and get this, one member offered to drive 500 MILES to come help me set it up! I was impressed! So, I joined, and will continue each year as the price I paid for membership is cheap, and the quality of service is high! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

I agree. I rarely post, but visit daily. I have received lots of valuable information and help, since this site was started, therefore, decided to help support the site by becoming a pub member.

I agree! I'm also known as Uncle Scrooge but I didn't mind paying for a subscription here, cause it was sure worth it(hee hee, this almost sounded like those cheesy TV infomercials)!!!:up

I became a supporting member a couple of weeks ago. I don't contribute much as I am new to this, but I get lot of information from this site!
Thanks to Scott and everyone who educates newbies like me!

Thanks guys. (I didn't put them up to posting this... honest!)

Navychop before your year ends you will get an email from the system letting you know your year is up. I checked and yours is not until January.

I know a lot of people HATE Paypal and won't use them. I am happy to announce that when we move to the new software we will begin accepting payments from additional payment systems including CCbill, 2Checkout and Authorize.NET.

Thanks for helping us keep the lights on. :)

chastulsa said:
I just want to share some thoughts with you guys. I am the type who dont wanna pay for nothing. I download all my music, movies, xbox games, software, etc... I always find a way to get it free.

So you basically feel it's ok to steal. I for one lost any bit of respect I might have had for you after that statement. :mad:

chastulsa said:

Oh you mean you’re a thief and a criminal and you’re no different than those that steel cable or SAT signals and drive up the price for everyone else. I’d bet you’d steel you Pub membership if you could.

If these are the kind of people that are in the Pub I dont want to have anything to do with it.

Loser!

I'm a pub member, but must admit that I rarely visit pub members forum. Maybe once or twice a month. But I do like supporting the board.

Of all of the forums on SatGuys, the only two I hit more than once a month are this one and the Dish HD one. I find both of these to be very informative.

Wow! I finally realized how much I love satelliteguys and the fact I was being a cheapskate by not donating. I have gotten tons of advice and news and that money is well worth it. Just became a pub member!

and don't forget that members get access to ....................................

The Pit .

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :devil:

Dave nye & Paradox-SJ -- You make a good point and you're right, those who steal drives up the price for paying customers and/or drives down profit margins.

I was kind of hoping he was saying, "usually he'll either find it for free, or will usually do with out it." But then again, maybe not.

I've been thinking about sending Scott a money order, if not for membership, to pay for the new server that was placed on-line.

Hey guys, please don't start a flame war here. I don't agree with stealing either, however, but please don't flame.

Dave nye said:
So you basically feel it's ok to steal. I for one lost any bit of respect I might have had for you after that statement. :mad:

Wow, lets be negative can we? I never said I downloaded illegally. Everything I download 100% legit. I use limewire for music wish has not been proven to be illegal. I get xbox homebrew's, I use trial/freeware software. TV shows I download which are not illegal (OTA recorded). So maybe next time you negative folks should try to have some faith in your fellow human race.

I hope we all learned a lesson, and I forgive you in advance :)

chastulsa said:
Wow, lets be negative can we? I never said I downloaded illegally. Everything I download 100% legit. I use limewire for music wish has not been proven to be illegal. I get xbox homebrew's, I use trial/freeware software. TV shows I download which are not illegal (OTA recorded). So maybe next time you negative folks should try to have some faith in your fellow human race.

I hope we all learned a lesson, and I forgive you in advance :)
If you download music without paying for it, thats illegal. Why would the RIAA file suit against LimeWire if they were paying for the music they distribute?

http://news.com.com/Music+industry+sues+P2P+firm+LimeWire/2100-1025_3-6102509.html

Don't forget that another perk as a Pub member would be creating tournaments in the arcade! :D

StevenD said:
If you download music without paying for it, thats illegal. Why would the RIAA file suit against LimeWire if they were paying for the music they distribute?

http://news.com.com/Music+industry+sues+P2P+firm+LimeWire/2100-1025_3-6102509.html

StevenD,

Well, the reason why they are suing is because they feel it is illegal. So, just because someone sues someone doesnt always mean the broke the law, they are trying to change the law.

Here is a quote from your link... " group of music companies, including Sony BMG, Virgin Records and Warner Bros. Records, have accused LimeWire and the company's officers of copyright infringement, according to a federal lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in New York."

Once our court systems says this service is illegal, I will stop using it, thus our ole favorite Napster.

Also, I did not state which files I download, not all music is copy writted by RIAA. So I hope this abswered your question.

Lots of Poker from Dish Network

Do You Remember when...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)