Anyway to get hopper remote to IR only?

jeeperguy

Original poster
May 14, 2012
lake winola, PA
First post, been a lurker for a bit. Anyway i just switched to dish after 8 years of directv, so far i like it, its been hard to get used to it since ive had directv for so long but ill get used to it. Does anyone know if its possible to have a hopper only recieve IR remote signals, my problem is my 2 year old grabs the remote sometimes and goes crazy on it having it ir only would be nice. i did see it can do ir and rf but that doesnt help me.

I don't think the RF can be turned off on the remote.

you could maybe pick up an older Dish IR remote (not sure which one is best) or just pick up a second Hopper remote and pull the batteries out.

You can use any older Dish remote that can do IR only (any remote with a green 1 at the bottom) with the Hopper.

Check ebay. I just sold several of mine for almost nothing. A 20.0 or 21.0 would be best since they have the colored buttons and learn.

thanks for the replies, ill look for a older ir only remote.

You want a 20.0 IR remote or a 21.0 IR/UHF remote. They have the same layout as the Hopper remote with color buttons.

The 21.0 in UHF mode will not work with Hopper/Joey, only IR mode. There is a switch on the 21.0 remote to toggle between IR and UHF.

See what the best ebay deal is, commonly available for $10-$15 shipped.

HD quality issues with Hopper??

Timer List Won't show more than 39 timers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts