Anyone Ever Campaign For A Channel?

amoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
I switched to Comcast from Dish because I lost my East & West coast local feeds and they have no current plans to have my local HD's anytime soon. Also in the mix is Comcast bought Suscom (which I hated) and they upgraded and added a lot of channels but not TCM. In fact according to The TV Guide channel website 6 out of the 8 regions Comcast bought from Suscom now have TCM, but not us. We have it On Demand. Now TCM is having Oscar month with 300 films in rotation but I'm only getting a whopping five films On Demand. There really is no other channel that features a lot of older films, like they do.

All the neighboring non Comcast cable companies in the area are carrying it, my friends with Comcast in New jersey have it. If I'm going to pay $150 a month for cable service, I don't think it's unreasonable to have what other Comcast costumers are offered, since it is a national televised channel.

Has anyone ever tried to get them to add a channel to your line up? Any suggestions the best way to get their attention? I have no problem being a pain in the ass, if that helps. Going to the local office or calling the 800# is useless, been there done that. Thanks!

Lucky me. I'm in a former Suscom area that has neither TCM or OnDemand. I'm still waiting for the Comcast features that were supposed to roll out in "early fall 06"

Me and a few thousand portuguese people campaign for a channel but to have it carried free, they were charging us $20 a month back in the 90's and it was a free to air channel, even the brodcast said they shouldn't be charging for it.

Long story shorts in one day the local cablevison/comcast office had close to 8,000 accounts canceled in one day and thousands on boxes piled up in the office lobby. 5 days later the president of the company sent out letter to the 8,000 saying it was going to be free and part of local basic, and offered 1 year of HBO premium channel for free. I actually had HBO free for 2 years, Comcast took in away once the have rewired the whole town and auditted everyones account.

Uverse Problems in Connecticut

International sports on cable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)