Any Idea

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Covack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Down South
My DMT1000 went down thursday, I popped the top, found a blown fuse and a cap had blew up, went to the local r/shack, I replaced these items, still popping the fuse. any idea what might be wrong or do You know of anybody who might repair it.

Covack said:
My DMT1000 went down thursday, I popped the top, found a blown fuse and a cap had blew up, went to the local r/shack, I replaced these items, still popping the fuse. any idea what might be wrong or do You know of anybody who might repair it.

All I can guess at is there is a shorted (fried) IC, or a loose wire touching ground, or a shorted cap/resistor/etc, possibly even caused by dirt buildup (dirt can indeed carry enough electricity to cause a short), or a grounding issue, check for unwanted voltages on your coax, etc.

Sorry, I cannot suggest where to get it repaired, except perhaps, a local satellite repair shop (I know, that's no help).

Maybe the fuses you're using are too weak. Why don't you try wrapping the fuse with aluminum foil?

Technically, I only asked why not, can't be responsible for what might happen if you try this :)

Seriously, I could recommend the college student who repaired my Microyal unit that had blown some capacitors. If you're anywhere near Mobile, AL I could get you in contact with him.

Check for a shorted diode or diodes in the power supply circuit, possibly connected to that capacitor if it's part of the power supply. That's what I would do but I've never had much luck trying to fix anything other than diodes that fry when someone connects a radio in reverse without a fuse. (I know some people dumber than myself :). That will blow the diode that is supposed to cause the missing fuse to blow when power is reversed. Then when they try to repent and use a fuse, it blows every time.

Thanks Guys, I will get my meter out, and check a few things.(this weekend)
If I give up on it , I probably will send You a email Pepper on the Guy You used to repair Your unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Parts for Stab HH 90

lost quality signal, Bent dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)