Any FTA Shops in Vancouver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Chiba, Japan
Bound for Vancouver next week. Are there any physical retail shops there selling FTA equipment these days?

I could say business and hometown. Secretly, I've run out of FTA shops on this side to convince to starting selling the microHD. Next week: Vancouver; the future: the world. :whoo:

The "truck crossing" at Aldergrove is often faster than Peace Arch, if you want to avoid the tourists. North Vancouver is friendliest cuz that's where I was made. The only satellite shops I knew were in Surrey but that was a long time ago.

Last edited:
I think we are talking about the same one. We would transfer the load at a church parking lot in Lynden - a box van into 3 to 5 open pick ups and the Brits would leave the colonies and go across the border. The store in Surrey may still be open, if not check with the Academy in Langley (?) has Padison (sp) Auditorium. They should know if there is or could be a Sat dealer. Also might be a good lead for Glorystar (is not Adventist - leans more to Reformed or Pentecostal). They liked TBN and GOD-TV.

For the record, the "truck crossing" is actually at 176th Street in Surrey. My brain was in idle. There are now 4 crossings in the Greater Vancouver area with Abbotsford / Lynden being the most easterly. It's a good crossing that serves the people out in the Fraser Valley. I don't recognize that auditorium name. Google provided a couple of possible FTA dealers on Fraser Street in Vancouver and Surrey. Abbotsford is the bible belt of the GVRD so it would be logical that it have a dealer serving the wants of those desiring religious broadcasting. The rural farming character of Abbotsford and Chilliwack might even mean there are C-band dishes still in use out there.

That one is in Victoria, on Vancouver Island. I won't be going to the island on this trip. I wouldn't be quite so harsh. Dealers may not be so involved in FTA themselves. They may be guided by what customers ask for. As closely as we've been following the microHD, there are still lots of people who have never heard of it since it is new.

If you are coming towards Portland, Oregon - Satellite Junction has FTA inventory in Canby (just south of Portland). PM me if interested.
Bob

In Portland, I'd visit Ham Radio Outlet. No chance for Oregon since I'm just flying point-to-point coast-to-coast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FYI-VA mux is down on 123KU

GeoSatPro CK-1 lnbf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)