Any DVD recorder that records 480p?

kabanero: I have the Sony RDR-GX300 which is the successor to the RDR-GX7 and it too can only record in 480i (S-video or composite video in). It can play facory DVDs in 480p however - Sony's Superbit DVDs are especially nice.

da Doug

the only HD recorders that I know about are mitsubishi, HSHD1100U, but it requires a firewire input, so without modifications your 811 will not be able to record in HD. I know people who have modified the dish 6000 receiver for a firewire output

jeslevine said:
incidently the HSHD1100U only records on HD digital tapes

Well bottom line then is NO DVD recorder currently records 480p or 1080i. I'm still happy with the phillips DVDR615 though I read horrible reviews of it. Not sure if I'll keep it though considering no 480p recording and I already have a dish 510 anyway. thanks everyone for their postings!

All DVD's are encoded interlaced. The de-interlacing is done by the player (not by the disc) and sent to the display as a progressive image(if the player is a progressive player), it is not disc dependent.

There is no such thing as a progressive DVD.

But there are "progressive DVD players"

If there were such a thing as a progressive DVD it would not be playable on older DVD players that are interlace only.

Will programming change affect my current pricing?

Need confirmation on wiring diagram

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)