Any advice before applying as a tech with DNS?

Instead

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
North Georgia
Just joined the forum. Howdy everyone!

My wife, daughter and I just moved to North Georgia to be near my wife's family. I am seeing job openings for techs on snagajob.com around the area.

I have 10 years experience installing dish in Denver, CO as a sub contractor. (Started in 1997).

I am SBCA level II certified (It has actually been so long ago that the certification has expired.)

What advice would you offer when applying for a tech job here?

What should I put down for desired salary?

Are techs permitted to take the vans home every night or do I need to drive to and from the warehouse/hub with my own vehicle each day?

It looks like there might be openings 20-30 miles from my home is why I ask.

As an aside, I haven't installed since 2007 so I would need to be brought up current.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mainly I was curious about E allowing techs to take van straight home from the last job in rural areas. Anyone with any experience on this topic jumping in would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Instead said:
Mainly I was curious about E allowing techs to take van straight home from the last job in rural areas. Anyone with any experience on this topic jumping in would be much appreciated!

I will reply but not knowing how much help it is.

I work out on a DNS location in california, but as far as bringing home the vans, wel only a small percentage of our installers can do that as they have become remote techs, keeping product at thier homes and only returning to the shop once a week to restock, turn in returned product and van inspection. The rest of us have to go back to the shop each and everyday. All our tools and equipment is provided for us and gets replaced when broken, but a write up happens when tools are lost, not allowed to carry anything else with you even if it can make your jobs easier.

But good luck with applying. With your experience they will probably pick you up quick.

Working for DNS, they will probably just start you out at the base rate for FSS I where everyone starts out because you have never been an internal tech. With your experience I assume you won't have too much trouble promoting quickly though

SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING FOR INSTALLERS

In order to assure the highest levels of quality installations and productivity from Dns techs, Mastec, subcontractors & retailers, it will be our policy to keep all installers well trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give installers more S.H.I.T. than anyone else.
If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your Manager. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and your Manager shall be responsible for seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.
Installers who don't take their S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T.). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously, will have to go to Employee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our Managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don't have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.
If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job, training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.). Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. will get the S.H.I.T. jobs, and can apply for promotion to Director of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.).
Some of you already display aptitudes that would easily allow you to qualify for the position of D.I.P. S.H.I.T. Those who do not qualify for this position but are still interested will certainly be referred to the Director Under Management Bureau (D.U.M.B. S.H.I.T.). Those individuals who do not meet the requirements of the Bureau must first complete Special Training Under Personal Individual Discretion (S.T.U.P.I.D. S.H.I.T.). This is mainly for new installers.
If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head of Training Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T. S.H.I.T.).

Boss In General Special High Intensity Training
(B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)

Vip 622 problem connecting to a/v receiver

Anyone in Dzitya MX with Dish? (Dish US not Dish MX)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)