ANIK-F3 using INVACOM QPH-031?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Was cranking up a dormant motorized dish with the INVACOM QPH-031 QUAD on it looking for anything new on that satellite at 118.8W Can I use this LNBF for this sat or not? What settings do I use? the specs on the INVACOM say it will do DSS and FSS.

Last edited:
There is FTA C-Band here. This sat is a one of a kind using FSS band freqency range but circular polarization. The Invacom was not designed for that.

Yes, I get the C Band on another dish, but was hoping to resurrect an old channel Master dish using the Invacom Quad. Thanks for the response. I'll move to a sat I can pickup with the Invacom 031. I was hoping the old CNN channel was still open on this sat?

you might be able to pick up signals from that satellite with a linear LNB but the signal quality will be very low

invacom needs plastic in the throat to get 118w,so you end up with 4 circular outputs.
it already has the slots in the throat for the plate.

I can get that net that was named above on 118.8 with my QPH-031. I just made sure to use the circular port and it comes right in at 75 quality on the MicroHD. Very compressed and blurry though. ;-)

I can get that net that was named above on 118.8 with my QPH-031. I just made sure to use the circular port and it comes right in at 75 quality on the MicroHD. Very compressed and blurry though. ;-)

i think you are probably picking up 119w not 118w....the invacom QPH-031 can not get 118w, the transponder frequencies are too low and out of the invacoms range (11700-12200)....

I disagree. It seems there's a wider range on the one I have then since I can scan all the way down to 11715 on the circular side up to 12486 pointed at 118.8. With the LO set to 11250, 11898 R (set to V on the MicroHD) comes in just fine on the circular output. CNN scans right in with v5666/a5667. That is on 118.8, no?

CNN scans right in with v5666/a5667. That is on 118.8, no?

no....CNN is on 119w

i know many people who have tried to pull in 118w with the QPH-031 and none have succeeded including myself....i still think your locking in on 119w

Oh, that could be true then. I thought that low of a frequency would be the 118.8 sat instead of 119. How low of frequencies does 119 Ku go? I thought it started at 12200 or something like that...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL = Awesome!

Are there any Norwegian channels available in the US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)