an other go at DISH

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
Well I'm back :)

went to alocal Radio Shack and bout just an el-cheap'o kit and I'm setting it up now.

STRANGE thing...

now I can lock onto the 110 echostar at 90-93 singal level but no 119 (it shows wrong sat 110) ARG!!!!!

what adjustment should I make? in the switch check program it says warning only one sat found?

please help :)

Johnner1999

i presume it is a Dish500 right? Dual feed LNB? You may want to check the azimuth setting. Remember, the 110 and 119 should be fairly easy to pick up, that is you have a clear line of sight to a southern sky. Don't use drastic movements when adjusting. The slightest movement could throw off one of the birds, thus you only are able to receive 110. Keep at it, and hopefully it will work out for you. The check switch test may help as well. The smallest things are normally the biggest problems.

Strong possibility that you are picking-up 110 on the 119 LNB. You need to point the dish away from the satellite, do a check switch to clear the info, then repoint. You could also try putting foil over one of the LNB's and pointing for one satellite. Make sure you are pointing for the proper satellite for the proper LNB that isn't covered by foil.

CNET Review f Dish in a Box!

522 & Caller ID Problems Still??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)