AMIKO Amiko MINI 4K UHD S2X - V1.0.52 Firmware with Muzak Radio Channels for SES 1 101.0W

Hyper Casey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
Mi
The 80+ Muzak Channels previously on SES 3 103.0W have permanently moved to SES 1 101.0W Ku Band. New location on SES 1 101.0W is TP 12000 V 20000 DVB-S FEC 1/2

These channels have "hidden" pids so they will not scan in on a blind scan on any receiver, they require manual entry one PID at a time, a daunting process for sure.

But good news, i have done the work for you. You are welcome!

The attached .abs file will load the Muzak channels for SES 1

This is for the Amiko MINI 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver Only!

Load using "All SW + bootloader"

Use at your own risk of course, and if you dont know what you are doing, please ask, and we can provide more instruction before you try to upgrade.

By loading this file, you will wipe out all of your channels. You will have to re-scan everything because some sats edited, and sat position numbers changed etc...

Back-up your existing Sat/TP/CH list just in case.

Casey
HyperMegaSat.com

P.S. After loading the file and after the receiver re-boots, go to

< Menu
< System
< Default Setting
< Save Default Value, Hit OK to Save

This will save the 101W Muzak channels as default, in case you want to start over the channel list at some point, these will not get wiped out.

Attachments

• MINI 4K UHD V1.0.52 Muzak 101.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 37
Thanks Casey, I just ordered one of these from you a couple days ago, at KE4EST recommendation. This will be one of the first things I'm looking at as soon as I get it connected and working!

Reactions: Hyper Casey
There is a 'bug' in the firmware upgrade, it shows SES3 Ku 12146 at V 20000 SR,, it needs to be corrected on the AMIKO mini 4K UHD S2X receiver to SES1 as stated above in the first post. Otherwise, it shows 'No Signal!" on the receiver.

There is a 'bug' in the firmware upgrade...
It doesn't sound like a bug. That's just a database change required due to the MIcrospace mux moving from 103W SES3 to 101W SES1. You should be able to update your database. Does that receiver need editing software on a computer to modify the database? Or can you edit right on the receiver?

Reactions: Hyper Casey
It doesn't sound like a bug. That's just a database change required due to the MIcrospace mux moving from 103W SES3 to 101W SES1. You should be able to update your database. Does that receiver need editing software on a computer to modify the database? Or can you edit right on the receiver?
I have tried using the Ali satellite editor but with no luck, I even tried to edit the database right on the receiver with no luck either. How do I edit the database on the receiver? I have tried that yesterday with the receiver butb it still says 'SES3 Ku 12146 V 20000" and "No Signal!'.

Ron_MNdish, you must be doing something wrong. I just downloaded the file, did a fresh install and its working with the Muzak Radio Channels on SES1 101.0W 12000 V 20000 just like it should. In fact here is a screen shot i just took (attached). You must download the file i attached, then using Winzip you must "unzip" the MINI 4K 1UHD V1.0.52 Muzak101.abs file to your flash drive. Insert that in your receiver. Then go to:

System
Software Upgrade
Upgrade by USB
Upgrade File > Choose "MINI 4K 1UHD V1.0.52 Muzak101.abs"
Upgrade Mode > Choose "All SW + Boot Loader"

Hit Start

After it loads and re-boots you will have the Muzak Radio Channels like show in my attached picture

Attachments

• DSCN0040.JPG
    DSCN0040.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: cyberham and TRG
By the way there's a newer firmware 1.0.56 on amikostb.com - the description says "improved functions20" which is quite helpful ;)

It seems the proper thing to do is save the channel list, then install the new firmware which defaults it to the European satellites, then install the previously saved channel list on top of that.

Yes Pepper, that would be the way to do it. I tried 1.0.56 and did not see any improvements which is why i stick with 1.0.52 as i know it works well and is stable. I guess the improvements for 1.0.56 are for the european market.

Edision SES3 103W Transponder 19 (12080 H 29970 3/4)