Amc7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
What can i do to improve my quality signal on amc7?
I have a 10ft dish new aspen 17lnb and the quality is 15 to 28 some days its 28 to 32. I live in south fla dose this matter that i`m so far south?
Will a new feedhorn help?

Tommyboy said:
Will a new feedhorn help?

That would be a good start, depending how old yours is. With the 3618 I have crystal clear channels on AMC 7 C band from Anchorage. My feedhorn is about 8 years old and I put on new C and Ku LNBs last year. I think they made a world of difference, especially when it comes to digital.

I would get a new CorotorII feedhorn with a new servo.

Upgrade your LNBs to a digital ready 15 deg C and .5db Ku.

If you want professional grade, upgrade those to high stability models.

If you are pulling US as well as international signals be sure to get universial/wideband.

I do not promote this site, but it will give you ideas. http://www.daveswebshop.com/satmain.shtml

international signals be sure to get universial/wideband.

Is there anything good on this in english

sometimes. its not much more $$ to have the LNB that will receive all signals so why not is all I was getting at.

I think the feedhorn is good because it`s works on all the other satellites.I think the new aspen 17lnb is not good enough.When i first put it on it worked for a week i got 30 to 32 quality now i only get 12 to 18 quality.
Do you think that a Norsat 8515 C-Band Digital +/- 500KHz LNB will work better?

You didn't happen to have any strong winds lately, have you? The dish may have shifted. Also check inside the feedhorn, bugs may have moved in.

I do not know a lot about Norsat, I would stick with Eagle Aspen, Astroltel or Precision "digital and/or high stability" models. 15d C & .6db or less Ku.

I agree I would check for obstructions in the feedhorn, and the dish alignment.

Not sure where you are in SoFla but here is the http://www.ses-americom.com/satellites/amc-7_cband_eirp_and_frequency.html]FOOTPRINT[/URL] for this bird, as well as a nice look angle CALCULATOR. If you aren't having issues with other birds or channels I wouldn't mess with your dish's arc too much.

charper1 said:
I do not know a lot about Norsat, I would stick with Eagle Aspen, Astroltel or Precision "digital and/or high stability" models. 15d C & .6db or less Ku.

I agree I would check for obstructions in the feedhorn, and the dish alignment.

Not sure where you are in SoFla but here is the http://www.ses-americom.com/satellites/amc-7_cband_eirp_and_frequency.html]FOOTPRINT[/URL] for this bird, as well as a nice look angle CALCULATOR. If you aren't having issues with other birds or channels I wouldn't mess with your dish's arc too much.

Norsat's are very high quality LNB's, but the place you will notice the difference is on low symbol rate feeds where a cheap LNB that has bad stability will give you fits. I have used some of the cheap LNB's before and they go bad and screw up where its frequency drifts and causes problems, hot weather is one thing that can be a problem with cheap LNB's. I would recommend the Norsat 8115 over the 8515 for it's better Local oscillator stability and it is only a little more but the signal quality numbers will probably be the same on most feeds. Some of these cheap LNB's will give L.O. stability numbers based on a small temp. range or even at a single optimal temp. that is very misleading.

Thanks! I have been schooled on Norsat.

So TommyBoy you now have even more options. Let us know how you come out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SG2100 (motor won't move -- orange led )

Help with dish and receiver set up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts